Easton FX2

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2011
bat

All very good bats but the 4b/5B are some of the best ever. I've never seen a 5B with the new USSSA stamp. They run heavy.
Our bats weighed approx...
SRV4B 33/23 ...24oz. Sold
SRV5B 33/24 ...26 oz
FX1 33/24 ... 24 1/2 oz
Scn2b 33/24 25oz Gamer

Jul 10, 2011
All very good bats but the 4b/5B are some of the best ever. I've never seen a 5B with the new USSSA stamp. They run heavy.
SRV5B 33/24 ...26 oz
FX1 33/24 ... 24 1/2 oz
Scn2b 33/24 25oz Gamer

Would it be safe to assume that the FX2 (one piece) is as close to the Synergy as you can get? I've yet to contact Easton...

Oct 10, 2011
SRV5B 33/24 ...26 oz
FX1 33/24 ... 24 1/2 oz
Scn2b 33/24 25oz Gamer

Would it be safe to assume that the FX2 (one piece) is as close to the Synergy as you can get? I've yet to contact Easton...
Yes. .. The FX2 is actually the same bat as the most recent Synergys with new paint and grip.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
Got the FX2 33/24 last fall for $120. The price kept falling, so I figured sales were low and they were dumping the model. When we first got it it was just OK. No real pop, had an extremely stiff recoil. So we just used it in practice and in the cage to preserve our good bats. But then something changed! This bat was getting broke in. It took a thousand swings but its getting hot! Then it was like a light switch. And this bat became one of the hottest bats I've ever seen. Every player wants to swing it. I tried to hit fly balls with it to the girls in center field at a practice on the men's field (285' to CF) and was accidentally hitting them 300'+ feet. I swear I was only giving out about half effort. I believe this bat doesn't sell well because of the LENGTHY break in period. But once its there... look out!

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
Can anyone actually confirm that the Easton Synergy has changed at all over the last 5-6 years, aside from paint and the new "FS2/FX2" designation? Seems like there is a lot of chatter about how hot the "old" Synergy models are compared to the new ones, but I haven't seen any proof that they're any different at all.

We won't bring the "Crystal" Synergies into this, since we all know they were garbage.

Can anyone actually confirm that the Easton Synergy has changed at all over the last 5-6 years, aside from paint and the new "FS2/FX2" designation? Seems like there is a lot of chatter about how hot the "old" Synergy models are compared to the new ones, but I haven't seen any proof that they're any different at all.

We won't bring the "Crystal" Synergies into this, since we all know they were garbage.
I am not an Easton insider so I cannot confirm with certainty that any of the Synergies are different. However, the SRV4B and 5B were banned by the NCAA and all subsequent versions of the Synergy (including the 2013 and 2014 FS2/FX2) were not. That would indicate to me that there has to be something different going on somewhere along the line.

Jul 10, 2011
I am not an Easton insider so I cannot confirm with certainty that any of the Synergies are different. However, the SRV4B and 5B were banned by the NCAA and all subsequent versions of the Synergy (including the 2013 and 2014 FS2/FX2) were not. That would indicate to me that there has to be something different going on somewhere along the line.

Good point Little Angels. Looking at it that way would lead you to believe something HAD to change. I spoke to an Easton rep yesterday who assured me that the FX2 was the "new" SRV5B. (Never hear a huckster holler rotten tomatoes...).

The Coaches Review is giving the 2014 FX2 a high ranking.
The Coach Reviews & Ranks Fastpitch Softball Bats, Gloves, Mitts, Facemasks and Coaching DVDs

And Coach James is giving the 2013 high praise too.

Looking to add an end loaded composite to my DD's bag to compliment her Rocketech. Would like to get her somewhere to swing one of these. I would try to buy an old 5B but we play a lot of USSSA around here.

Oct 10, 2011
Srv...

I heard The SRV4B and srv5b were actually "self banned" by Easton if I'm not mistaken... that's why they were on the banned list. They knew that they would fail the tests.
I've had most of them and they seem to have changed after the 4b/5B but have been the same since (12-14). The Sweet spot on the 5B is totally different then the ones that followed and much heavier. ..
I took DD'S bats out yesterday again and her FX1 is smoking hot. I have a hard time seeing the difference between it and her scn2B in distance. She may go back to it when it gets above 40 lol.

Jul 10, 2011
Just pulled the trigger on a new 2014 FX2. It seems like the closest you can get to a Rocketech in a composite. We shall see! I'll keep you all posted.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clawdog