Jen Schro The Very Best vs. All-Star AFX

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2015
SoCal
I think the All Star MVP Pro catching helmet is the best of the best. The features that helmet has separates it from ALL of the other helmets, and I've gone thru a bunch with DD.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Yep, we're finding that we don't fit within the box so to speak. And some of these legs seem really wide as they get longer. So we may end up having to mix and match brands to ensure the fit is functional for her.

Our catching coach was able to recommend a local shop that we're going to try first. I didn't know it existed. If that's a bust, I may solicit the vendors here to try to support smaller businesses first. Seems most of my peers around here just order everything they can get their hands on through Amazon and return what doesn't work.
Get the best price you can from them, then contact me. I should be able to beat it.

May 7, 2015
SoCal
Yep, we're finding that we don't fit within the box so to speak. And some of these legs seem really wide as they get longer. So we may end up having to mix and match brands to ensure the fit is functional for her.

Our catching coach was able to recommend a local shop that we're going to try first. I didn't know it existed. If that's a bust, I may solicit the vendors here to try to support smaller businesses first. Seems most of my peers around here just order everything they can get their hands on through Amazon and return what doesn't work.
If legs are difficult to find that fit correctly, I would highly suggest the Evoshield Pro-SRZ legs. They are truly custom fit for length and width. Nothing is as secure and form fitting as those.

Expensive though, but you will not regret it. We've been really happy with them.

Jul 11, 2023
I think the All Star MVP Pro catching helmet is the best of the best. The features that helmet has separates it from ALL of the other helmets, and I've gone thru a bunch with DD.
It's on the radar. Is it around $150 better than the Series 7 for her 12U seasons? We're not playing elite level ball by any stretch yet. Hopefully some day, but I'm not all that caught up in it at this age. Fun and development matter much more than wins right now.

May 7, 2015
SoCal
It's on the radar. Is it around $150 better than the Series 7 for her 12U seasons? We're not playing elite level ball by any stretch yet. Hopefully some day, but I'm not all that caught up in it at this age. Fun and development matter much more than wins right now.
That's a tough one... Everything depends on the speed of pitching that she is catching for. Realistically, helmets last at most 2 years, so if she's not going to be catching 55+ mph in that time, I'd say the series 7 is fine.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
If legs are difficult to find that fit correctly, I would highly suggest the Evoshield Pro-SRZ legs. They are truly custom fit for length and width. Nothing is as secure and form fitting as those.

Expensive though, but you will not regret it. We've been really happy with them.
They are great, but they are more expensive than other sets.

I would suggest staying away from their chest protectors. I've had several customers have the internal bar that helps keep its shape start to bust out of its restraints. It then starts to poke them in the stomach.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles