Easton bats only on TV

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 22, 2009
Anyone else notice the exclsive use of Easton bats by some teams on TV. I watched both Alabama play someone, and another game with Florida against someone else, all four of the teams only used Stealths, last yeat I saw a bunch of Zeno's in these SEC games. Is Easton comping these bats to everyone, or what has happened to other bat manufactuers.
Patrick Hunter
14U Lady Lightning Blue

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Easton sponsors Alabama, Florida, UCLA, and quite a few other schools. They have to use Easton bats.

Jul 26, 2010
Colleges use what they are given for free.

Remember that halfway through last year the older Easton bats were banned from NCAA play due to failing testing for the third time, so you saw players using their own Xeno's and CF5's at that point. This year Easton released "new" bats, so it will be a few years before they fail testing 3 times again. For what it's worth, the CF4's have 2 failures, but Dimarini wasn't responsible for getting softball removed form the Olympics like Easton was, so that's a point in their favor.

-W

Jul 26, 2010
James (Jim) Easton sits/sat on the regional IOC board that voted to remove baseball/softball from the Olympics. The vote was tied, and Easton abstained, passing the vote to the heavily European influenced international committee since the smaller board could not come to a consensus.

Easton cited "reasons of professional influence" as to why he abstained. But honestly, what sport doesn't Easton participate in, and if that were an issue, why was he on the board to begin with?

Understand, that the entire reason this vote came up was due to the link, in the international mind, between baseball and softball (most countries think that softball is just women's baseball). Baseball, at the time, was undergoing severe duress due to all the substance abuse issues rampant in the sport and the desire for the international community to distance itself from baseball.

So, you can blame Jose Canseco, Barry Bonds, and Jim Easton, if you blame anyone at all, but Jose and Barry don't make equipment that I can choose not to purchase.

-W

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
James (Jim) Easton sits/sat on the regional IOC board that voted to remove baseball/softball from the Olympics. The vote was tied, and Easton abstained, passing the vote to the heavily European influenced international committee since the smaller board could not come to a consensus.

Easton cited "reasons of professional influence" as to why he abstained. But honestly, what sport doesn't Easton participate in, and if that were an issue, why was he on the board to begin with?

Understand, that the entire reason this vote came up was due to the link, in the international mind, between baseball and softball (most countries think that softball is just women's baseball). Baseball, at the time, was undergoing severe duress due to all the substance abuse issues rampant in the sport and the desire for the international community to distance itself from baseball.

So, you can blame Jose Canseco, Barry Bonds, and Jim Easton, if you blame anyone at all, but Jose and Barry don't make equipment that I can choose not to purchase.

-W

Thanks for the heads up! Makes me glad my daughter switched from a Stealth to a Xeno last year!

Apr 1, 2010
IMO, the Europeans were looking for ways to stick it to the Bush regime at the time and Jim Easton handed them the knife.

If the vote had come up after the 2008 election, IMO softball would still be in. Unfortunately, now that's it's out, no matter that the vote was based on temporary politics and scandals, or how great a sport it is or how many different countries play, it will be about impossible to get it back in. I wish the IOC would open things up and let more sports in, not keep trying to pare them down. TaeKwonDo just made it in a few years ago, rugby and golf are finally going to get a look at the upcoming games and sports like Karate, Cricket and Squash still aren't in. I really like both American football and Australian rules football, but rather doubt they will ever get a chance.

Personally, there are a ton of sports I'd rather see than the interminable rowing and crew events. ZZZzzzzzzz. But I'm sure there are folks who just love them.

Jul 26, 2010
Golf, curling, and ping pong aren't even sports, they're games, and they are in the Olympics.

There is a chance for SB to get back in for the 2020 games. The guys like Steve Huff, Mike White, Bill Hillhouse, and others who are out there being ambassadors of the sport to other countries are the ones doing their part to make it happen.

-W

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying