Easton bats only on TV

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 1, 2010
Golf, curling, and ping pong aren't even sports, they're games, and they are in the Olympics.

There is a chance for SB to get back in for the 2020 games. The guys like Steve Huff, Mike White, Bill Hillhouse, and others who are out there being ambassadors of the sport to other countries are the ones doing their part to make it happen.

-W

I love curling and table tennis! (However, if the IOC wanted to argue that softball should go because it was US dominated, how about the Chinese and table tennis?) They are absolutely some of my favorite events to watch. Golf, not so much, but I'd argue that it merits inclusion more than many sports that are currently in there.

I'm an Olympic junkie, I'll stay up all night to watch (with ff button) even truly boring events like rowing, dressage and shooting.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
I thought SB was dropped because the US and Canada were beating teams by 10-15 runs on a regular basis. I did hear an announcer make that comment during the Winter Olympics while watching a womyn's hockey game. Again, if Canada and the US are too dominate, xxxxx goodby sportl

Oct 19, 2009
I thought SB was dropped because the US and Canada were beating teams by 10-15 runs on a regular basis. I did hear an announcer make that comment during the Winter Olympics while watching a womyn's hockey game. Again, if Canada and the US are too dominate, xxxxx goodby sportl

If you remember Japan won the last Gold Metal.

I read somewhere, I think, that the goal was to replace Softball with Golf to get Tiger Woods a Gold Metal. Does Easton make Golf clubs?

Mar 13, 2010
I really like both American football and Australian rules football, but rather doubt they will ever get a chance.

Australian Rules football is played in one country. Australia. We have an 'international' against Ireland, but it's a hybrid between Gaelic football and Aussie Rules. It will not and should not ever be in the Olympics.

Canada have never won a medal at any Olympics so not sure where you're getting that from. Australia and USA have won a medal at every games. China won silver in 1996 and Japan have won a medal every games since.

I think the reason given that USA was too dominant STINKS. The American softball team is amazing and shouldn't be made to feel guilty over that skill. Softball was kicked out because the Europeans aren't good at it and have no interest in improving. Pure and simple.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceez12