dipping back shoulder during swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 6, 2011
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to keep a player from dipping their back shoulder when swinging the bat? Any drills? DD form is great off the tee, soft toss, just loses it during the game.:confused:

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Are these back shoulders dipped:

Attachments

• 2047_0.JPG
    2047_0.JPG
    5 KB · Views: 64
  • bb.jpg
    bb.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 45

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
softballcrazy, the "back view" was a double to right. The front view is a double to left that hit the fence. How about this pic?

Attachments

• Perfect_Swing-Markings.jpg
    Perfect_Swing-Markings.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 47

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
SOFTBALLCRAZY,
That is the postion you want your DD's back shoulder in when swinging.You don't want level shoulder swinging with the hands going/dropping down to the plain of the ball.Need to tilt and then get bat on plain of the ball.I see that SBFAMILY sent you a PM.He will give you good advise.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
softballcrazy, the "Model Swings" thread (sticky) is outstanding. FFS as the main contributor has done a great service by posting video of the softball swing. Go to the last page and take a look at the video of the Arizona State player in slow motion.

Sep 6, 2011
Im new to all of this..it took me a few minutes how to get to private messages. but I did it!! and thank you. My thing is Im not a coach.. Im a bleacher mom :) and some of this information honestly sounds so complicated if Im gonna be honest.. Im gonna try to figure it out.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
I'm a bleacher dad and it was/is complicating to me.If you have time start from the begining of the Tech.Hitting forum and start reading.A great thread is the Megan1-tee started by Iimmortal1.Read this thread,print it out.Keep reading it,you will understand.Before you know it you will be your DD hitting coach.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1