DeMarini cf5

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 23, 2014
East Jabib
Is there a bat demo house nearby where you can take her to take a few swings with different bats? I bought DD her first composite bat last year solely based in a good price at Dick's - a 31/21 CF6 Insane. She didn't swing it before we purchased it and thankfully she really liked it. We went this past weekend to Closeout Bats in NJ where they have a soft toss cage where she tried a 32/22 Xeno, 32/22 LXT, and 32/22 CF7. I'm so glad she had the opportunity to actually swing the bat so she could choose the bat and the size that she liked. She went with the Xeno.

Any particular reason why? Is it just a preference for the lighter bat, or is there something else? If there another -10 that is more highly favored by your teams?

Here you go:

That is the bat I bought dd two years ago after using the cf5 30 -11. Its 31-10 It's never had the pop of the other cf bats we've had. I've beat the hell out of it trying to get it going but it's just got no pop. Last year I bought the cf6 sprite in 31-11. It's amazingly hot compared to the red and black -10.

Our girls who were CF -10 fans almost universally have gone to the LXT, and the CF6 -10 (red & black) was the DeMarini that drove them to it. Nowhere near the pop in the CF6 -10 as there is in the CF6 -11 Sprite, and quite a few breakages with the -10, as well. Our girls didn't like the -10 CF7, either. In fact, the only -10 DeMarini on our team in a CF5. Our other 12U teams don't have any, nor do our 10Us. I think there is one on the 14U teams and a smattering of them at 16U and 18U but you really don't even notice them anymore there are so few.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Thanks for the input, LAS. Good to know for future planning. Currently, my DD loves her CF6 Sprite, and isn't in a hurry to get rid of it.

Jan 20, 2015
Indiana
Im still not sold on our cf insane. It just does not seem to have the pop of the Xeno and we have put 200 plus hits on it. I have swing it quite a few times too to compare. I just cant get the pop out of it ??? Are the earlier model CF's better?

May 13, 2013
Im still not sold on our cf insane. It just does not seem to have the pop of the Xeno and we have put 200 plus hits on it. I have swing it quite a few times too to compare. I just cant get the pop out of it ??? Are the earlier model CF's better?

In the same boat. Mako -10 recently pooped out, and she's using a 32/22 CF6 Insane. Only have around 50-100 hits on it and though she does hit some screamers and like's the end loaded feel, I'm wondering if maybe a switch to the LXT, or Xeno may benefit in maybe a -9, or -10. I saw a lot of players using the insane this past season, and still do come across quite a few in tourneys.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Nothing to do with anything but I found it interesting the quite of few college players were swinging the CF6, not insane, when they can have the CF7 for free too.

Jan 7, 2013
Just got DD a CF7 32 -9. She says it feels endloaded and swings smooth. In cage work and practice, she's been mashing balls like crazy. We'll see how well that translates to the field this coming weekend.

She was swinging a Mako 31 -10, but it seems to be losing it's pop lately. Oh, DD also says the CF7 feels like it weighs about the same as the Mako. I need a scale to verify.

BTW, most of the Auburn Tigers softball team swings a CF7 -9. They're 64 home runs for the year and have a .716 slugging percentage as well.

Jan 20, 2015
Indiana
I may be, scratch that I know Im nuts but that is beside the point, It feels like to me the sweet spot on the CF6 insane is way down on the barrel and really dead middle to end of the barrel? That is my personal feel taking swings with it.

Oct 10, 2011
best bats ever

FYI on another website the members have the CF5 listed in the top 10 best fastpitch bats ever with the top of the list mostly older bats Scn4b etc...
I couldn't find the link though on my phone.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WYOwiseguy