DeMarini cf5

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 8, 2014
My daughter used a DeMarini cf5 -11 (30in-19ounce) for half of the year when she was 9u and then all of her 10u year- all star seasons both years, 1.5 rec seasons, and a 3 10u tournaments last year. She ended up with about 3 home runs- and too many triples & doubles to count. I wasn't a fan of her using it for practices too- but the other parent won. :) and she cracked it last night in practice.

She loves the bat! LOVES IT. I'm guessing I should talk her into a different one- since it's discontinued. I'm afraid she will either refuse to use a new one... lol... or at the least feel less confident at the plate.

Very curious what others would suggest in my situation.

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
Cf6 sprite is a great hot bat just like the cf5 imo. We have had 2 cf5 30-11 bats. Both had/have a lot of pop. The cf6-10 (red and black on white) has not been nearly as good but the sprite 31-11 has been great in comparison. You can find them fairly inexpensively vs a new bat. My 9 yr old is now swinging a 30-11 xeno that has a lot of pop as well. The cf sprite is an 1" longer but the same measured weight as the Xeno. My 12 and 9 yr olds hit hard with both. (9yr old much stronger than 12 yr old at the same age)

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2013
There are some used CF5's out there, but people want $150 for them. There are still a few CF6's out there though the lighter ones are harder to find. If found you should be able to get one for b/t $149 and $179. My 9 year old DD swings a 30/20 and she loves it. Ball does seem to fly off of it as well.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
The red & black CF6 -10 was a very unpopular bat with our org. The silver & green CF6 -11, however, was (and still is) extremely popular.

Any particular reason why? Is it just a preference for the lighter bat, or is there something else? If there another -10 that is more highly favored by your teams?

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
Any particular reason why? Is it just a preference for the lighter bat, or is there something else? If there another -10 that is more highly favored by your teams?

That is the bat I bought dd two years ago after using the cf5 30 -11. Its 31-10 It's never had the pop of the other cf bats we've had. I've beat the hell out of it trying to get it going but it's just got no pop. Last year I bought the cf6 sprite in 31-11. It's amazingly hot compared to the red and black -10.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish