DD Pitching Over the Years

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 15, 2010
8U: "Just get it anywhere near the plate"
10U: "Hit the zone"
12U: "Find the corners"
14U: "Live in the black"
16U: "What were you thinking pitching a ball anywhere near the plate"

Never knew my DD had mastered pitching when she was in 8U

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
18U: "*silence*" <--Daddy finally learns that his DD knows more about pitching than he does.

Some of us learn this lesson sooner. I did at 16U. Now I only cheer or keep my mouth shut.

Most DO learn this by 18U. Although I still hear daddies coaching their pitcher DD from the stands, it is rare.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2009
College: Waiting for the phone call when they are away playing on the road with results.

Always knew what time the games were and what time zone they were in.

Oct 22, 2009
Ahh I remember her as 9yr old watching the 10yr olds thinking, "OMG! my kid will never pitch like that!"
I remember yelling at her to get her rear in gear, suck it up, play hard or go home!
I remember saying "Are you going to try and get one over the plate this game?" "wild thing isn't your nickname because people think your crazy!"

During her college years all those old times come back and all you can do is smile about it.
"Wild Thing" lost her nickname at 14U, then went on to break her University's strike-out record.
She's a high school coach now.
I love it when she calls me, telling me how she's having to yell at them to get their rears in gear, suck it up, play hard or go home.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Some of us learn this lesson sooner. I did at 16U. Now I only cheer or keep my mouth shut.

Most DO learn this by 18U. Although I still hear daddies coaching their pitcher DD from the stands, it is rare.

I have seen pitchers at 18 looking into the stands before every pitch. To get the sign from Dad on what pitch to throw. A buddy of mine has been an ump for many years and he says its more common then you might realize.

Apr 13, 2010
I'm happy to say that at 10U my DD does not look "up in the stands" and quite frankly already doesn't think I know a darn thing so doesn't have an inclination to do so. :)

Nov 4, 2010
Definitely cut and paste material there SoCal

Thanks for sharing that.

EP I couldnt have said it better myself.. LOL

Nov 4, 2010
Has anyone else found that the best place to watch your dd pitch is from Centerfield? Seems so much more fun when you are not tempted to say anything because they couldnt hear you anyway. I myself do not normally say much of anything, but there are certain family members that do. DD subbed for a team this weekend and she/I learned alot from us being in the outfield. When nobody is shouting out instructions, she had to think for herself and when she did, she usually came up with the correct solution. It was a blast!!

Feb 6, 2009
Centerfield is the best place to watch your daughter pitch. I spent most of my time there the past two years. Now that I'm coaching her again, it's a bit more tricky. Was easier in center. I watched my older DD hit form out there too. Was just easier to be away from all the naysayer parents and easier to let her play her own game when I was behind CF fence.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simonet