DD got cut

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2011
IMlearning,
Your DD didn't get cut from a team. She tried out for multiple teams if I remember correctly? She didn't get an offer from that team she played on last year. So if she decided not to play with this team this year it would be the same thing in reverse. So get that "cut" out of your and your DD's mind. Now, new team, clean slate time to start new. Time for your DD to prove that this new team made the best decision and the old team made their worst decision of the year. I wish your DD the best this season and keep us posted on her future success.
I like that way of looking at it...thanks!

Gbucz

WNY native now in Charlotte, NC
Apr 28, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Thanks everyone for the comments. DD will have her first practice with the new team next week and is really excitedly. Unfortunately she will be really late because of HS volleyball but the coach knew prior to the offer. We are good friends with one of the families already and the wife and daughter were screaming for joy in the background when I called to let them know. It was hilarious and nice to get that kind of welcome. Looking forward to the fresh start!

My DD had her first practice and it was fun. The coach had her pitching against the team so they could all see how tough she was to hit. He told DD to treat it as a real game and not BP. He also called the full battery of pitches and she had a blast. A few of the girls got ahold of a pitch but the fielders were there to back her up. The girls all agreed she is a big plus for the next season and told her so. A big boost was when the two catchers said they had never seen balls move like that.

In all a great opportunity in the making. I hope your DD has a similar experience. It truly can be a fresh start.

Oct 10, 2011
My DD had her first practice and it was fun. The coach had her pitching against the team so they could all see how tough she was to hit. He told DD to treat it as a real game and not BP. He also called the full battery of pitches and she had a blast. A few of the girls got ahold of a pitch but the fielders were there to back her up. The girls all agreed she is a big plus for the next season and told her so. A big boost was when the two catchers said they had never seen balls move like that.

In all a great opportunity in the making. I hope your DD has a similar experience. It truly can be a fresh start.

That's great news Gbucz! Hopefully it will be an awesome season for her. I was just at my DD's first High School Volleyball game (which was fantastic:) and a coach at a local college came up to us and said the coaches were in a big arguement at the final tryout of my DD's old team. I think they are in for a long year!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA