Coolness

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 18, 2010
ScreenShot2015-01-08at104420AM_zpsd69ac2a3.png

Sep 11, 2014
Pa
I think its great that the NPF is growing. Last year was the Rebellion, more games on TV. Hopefully softball will also make a return to the Olympics. I also hope that Maryland will get a team so I can see the Rebellion play more, being from PA I can't help rooting for them.

Feb 7, 2013
Great news!

I hope all of the NPF games are played on real softball fields instead of some I saw last year played on artificial turf infields with temporary fences. Not ideal...

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
IMO...and I have no facts, but it seems like NPF could really do a better job of marketing. I mean it is tough to find info about games, players, and events. I thought it was cool when they had interviews and "what I swing" segments. DFP is blowin' up, give a donation and market here. Women's soccer is huge now, I think softball could be right there with games on major networks. I am going to talk myself into buying a team and promoting it. I wish.

....I just went to their website, the second tab of "top stories" is 4 months old!!! It's the Pride announces fall schedule and the last fall game they played was 2 months ago!!!! I'd be embarrassed if our local rec ball website was that outdated. The "live score board" is from August 21st!

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2014
Pa
IMO...and I have no facts, but it seems like NPF could really do a better job of marketing. I mean it is tough to find info about games, players, and events. I thought it was cool when they had interviews and "what I swing" segments. DFP is blowin' up, give a donation and market here. Women's soccer is huge now, I think softball could be right there with games on major networks. I am going to talk myself into buying a team and promoting it. I wish.

....I just went to their website, the second tab of "top stories" is 4 months old!!! It's the Pride announces fall schedule and the last fall game they played was 2 months ago!!!! I'd be embarrassed if our local rec ball website was that outdated. The "live score board" is from August 21st!

Marketing is everything and you are right. They could do a MUCH better job at it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceez12