Coolness

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 6, 2013
IMO...and I have no facts, but it seems like NPF could really do a better job of marketing. I mean it is tough to find info about games, players, and events. I thought it was cool when they had interviews and "what I swing" segments. DFP is blowin' up, give a donation and market here. Women's soccer is huge now, I think softball could be right there with games on major networks. I am going to talk myself into buying a team and promoting it. I wish.

....I just went to their website, the second tab of "top stories" is 4 months old!!! It's the Pride announces fall schedule and the last fall game they played was 2 months ago!!!! I'd be embarrassed if our local rec ball website was that outdated. The "live score board" is from August 21st!

I Think the biggest problem is there is just not enough money yet - I'm hopeful that with the TV they have been getting that there will be a cash infusion. Another major market like Dallas helps - Would like to see something on the east and west coast (I know NJ only lasted a year but) that what it will take to get enough critical mass to keep the league going.

Jun 20, 2012
SoCal
IMO...and I have no facts, but it seems like NPF could really do a better job of marketing. I mean it is tough to find info about games, players, and events. I thought it was cool when they had interviews and "what I swing" segments. DFP is blowin' up, give a donation and market here. Women's soccer is huge now, I think softball could be right there with games on major networks. I am going to talk myself into buying a team and promoting it. I wish.

....I just went to their website, the second tab of "top stories" is 4 months old!!! It's the Pride announces fall schedule and the last fall game they played was 2 months ago!!!! I'd be embarrassed if our local rec ball website was that outdated. The "live score board" is from August 21st!

Think of what having a team in California would do for them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frank Carbajal