this right here, eh

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
"Clark ended the game with her 11th career triple-double and, in the process, became the first player in NCAA Tournament history – men’s or women’s – to record a 40-point triple-double.

In doing so, the junior also became the first player in Division I women’s basketball history to record more than 900 points and 300 assists in the same season."

Jun 8, 2016
"Clark ended the game with her 11th career triple-double and, in the process, became the first player in NCAA Tournament history – men’s or women’s – to record a 40-point triple-double.

In doing so, the junior also became the first player in Division I women’s basketball history to record more than 900 points and 300 assists in the same season."
Early life:

Clark was born on January 22, 2002, in Des Moines, Iowa, to Anne Nizzi-Clark and Brent Clark.[1] Her mother is of Italian descent.[2] Clark's father played basketball and baseball at Simpson College.[3] She was raised in West Des Moines, Iowa, with an older brother, Blake, now a college football player at Iowa State

+ hard work
+ some luck along the way
= what you have

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Early life:

Clark was born on January 22, 2002, in Des Moines, Iowa, to Anne Nizzi-Clark and Brent Clark.[1] Her mother is of Italian descent.[2] Clark's father played basketball and baseball at Simpson College.[3] She was raised in West Des Moines, Iowa, with an older brother, Blake, now a college football player at Iowa State

+ hard work
+ some luck along the way
= what you have
and on a softball related note, we play a DH against Simpson next week.

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
Not sure you can use that argument since he was trying to play catchup after not having played baseball for like 15 years. You cannot make up for 15 years of hard work in a year, especially in a skill sport like baseball. Also different types of athletic ability are required for different sports. That said, for a guy who hadn't played baseball for that long, he didn't do that bad..

Obviously I have no issue with working hard, you just cannot be blind (as a parent) to that reality that everybodies' ceiling isn't the same. No need to verbalize this to your kid but use it as a guide for your actions and expectations.

Jordan was also a few years past a player's prime at the time he tried to play professional baseball.

He was not good. He also had 21 XBH in a season at the AA level. There are guys who work their entire lives so they can become a pro ballplayer and they don't come close to that.

I'm pretty certain that had Jordan stuck with baseball he would've found a way to make the Majors, but, you know, I guess he made the right choice.

Oct 26, 2019
I think Jordan disproved that whole argument when he made that disastrous attempt at becoming a baseball player. He had all the athletic ability in the world and still couldn't hit a minor-league fastball.
I think he actually proved quite the opposite. For never playing baseball after the age of 18, he did incredibly well. In fact, he hit .252 in the Arizona fall league in 1994 which was better then some people who played baseball their entire lives.

Oct 26, 2019
If you haven’t watched Caitlin Clark okay I suggest you try to catch her next game. She is the most exciting women’s player I have ever watched. She has Steph Curry type range and her passing may even be better than her shooting. She is must watch tv.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChippyNole