Confessions of a radar gun addict, or: How fast do 12U pitchers really throw?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
You've brainwashed her into thinking that faster is better! Remind her that it applies to pitching, not driving (unless she's also a NASCAR protege)

She said, "dad, I was trying to get to practice early". Which would sound good, but anyone who knows DD..................she is the last one there and the first to leave. It's always been a inside joke around the fields.

Apr 13, 2011
My 12u daughter threw/throws 48-49 mph. Well we became obsessed with speed when she hit 50 recently, then 51, then 52 last week. Well, we also discovered that she started to hop...not a good thing. After a couple of long lessons, some humility on all sides, we have corrected this issue. I'd take 47 mph...low and with movement over illegal :). In the words of Crash Davis, "Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic."

Hope to hit 53 this week. Ha!

DD hit 50 for first time a couple weeks ago and (as unimportant as speed is) she was very happy and proud. She only hit that number once, while practicing, after I had her hold the ball as loosely as possible.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ourLadGloves