I am sure you are aware pitching machines can be set-up to throw most any pitch/speed/location you want... They don't have to be "straight down the middle". Although, straight down the middle is probably what the OP's team needs, initially, to get the timing on faster pitching.A really good BP pitcher can throw hittable pitches with all different spins on the ball so the hitters get used to seeing it and grow in their ability to recognize it out of the hand. I don't think the pitcher should be trying to K everyone when the team needs to get swings in, but pumping 60mph out of a machine straight down the middle hardly prepares them either.
DW said, sure, Honey, why not buy two?I am sure you are aware pitching machines can be set-up to throw most any pitch/speed/location you want... They don't have to be "straight down the middle". Although, straight down the middle is probably what the OP's team needs, initially, to get the timing on faster pitching.
And, now you can get a machine that can throw any pitch/speed/location randomly, or you can preprogram a sequence.. the "New" I hack. Cool stuff.
Advanced Software Program
- Using touch screen, quickly go between eight different pre-set pitches as well as pre-set defensive drills.
- All pitches can be modified as desired by making finite adjustments to each motor individually.
- Can change speeds on any pitch including fastballs, risers, drops. These pitches can be set to established sequence or thrown in random mode.
- Rely on pre-set pitches or go immediately to manual mode where you select any pitch, speed and location, which can repeat or change as desired.
- Defaults are pre-established for every pitch to accommodate skill levels (youth and pro), all can be quickly modified.
I call it a cardboard box and show them the rectangle with my hands. LOL. I occasionally say a phone booth and they look at me like I"M crazy. Then hold up my cell phone and tell them to stay inside of it.Sorry, but I had to giggle a little - would kids these days even know what a phone booth is??
Among other issues that my DD may have, I really think me preaching to her for a long while now, slow and early has kind of been taken to literally. Meaning she is literally early but way to slow LOL. We may say pros start are slow and early, but they really aren't that slow. I would say more early and controlled, buts not slow.Kind of what Cannonball said but said a different way: load slower and earlier.
Command drill is a tee drill with a stationary ball that I believe helps in addition to moving ball drills.