Compliance to the Alliance? $$$$

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2015
SoCal
Some Orgs. heads are informing/dictating to their coaches to not enter any PGF events. Of course money is involved. Some coaches had already signed up and paid for tourneys prior to be told how to run their team. The teams will probably be suffering a restocking fee. LOL. Thoughts on this situation?
Why would you force teams/parents/coaches/players to accrue the cost of travelling (have you seen the cost of airfare/car rental/gas?) when they could play very competitive tourneys/showcases in their own backyard? TB is expensive enough already and this type of policy is just going to make TB less accessible to more families. I guess the worse part is that the policy was not made clear to coaches and families until after teams were formed.

Most of these Orgs. are 501b non profits.

Time to find a different Org.? I personally am hoping for a major backfire with coaches/teams leaving the dictatorships for freedom.
I think its tough situation for you.. I get it, if one of the reasons your family joined your team was the fact that they would play local this summer and all of a sudden, boom, the schedule gets switched.. That sucks.

But it's a two way street, think of the opportunities of the rest of the country to play closer to their own home with Alliance Top Club, Sparkler, IDT, etc. PGF is only one tournament. Most teams are going to hit the road, at least DD's teams always have.

I totally agree, summer travel is pretty darn expensive per week, that's for sure!

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Interesting. This is the second time I've heard about this. Daughter plays for a franchised name that is pushing Alliance. We have historically played PGF and our schedule this year is more of the same. I think we've done 1 Alliance tourney in the last year or two. Rumors have been swirling that we might be "dis-enfranchised". LoL. I don't know what's going to happen, but if anything, it will be interesting. So much for it being all about the girls.
I would love to see these orgs. applications for their 501b status.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
I think its tough situation for you.. I get it, if one of the reasons your family joined your team was the fact that they would play local this summer and all of a sudden, boom, the schedule gets switched.. That sucks.

But it's a two way street, think of the opportunities of the rest of the country to play closer to their own home with Alliance Top Club, Sparkler, IDT, etc. PGF is only one tournament. Most teams are going to hit the road, at least DD's teams always have.

I totally agree, summer travel is pretty darn expensive per week, that's for sure!
PGF is not only one tourney. PGF has many other (over 100) showcases, camps, clinics and tourneys which these orgs. are now prohibiting their teams from playing or participating in. Check their website.

Jul 19, 2021
Some Orgs. heads are informing/dictating to their coaches to not enter any PGF events. Of course money is involved. Some coaches had already signed up and paid for tourneys prior to be told how to run their team. The teams will probably be suffering a restocking fee. LOL. Thoughts on this situation?
Why would you force teams/parents/coaches/players to accrue the cost of travelling (have you seen the cost of airfare/car rental/gas?) when they could play very competitive tourneys/showcases in their own backyard? TB is expensive enough already and this type of policy is just going to make TB less accessible to more families. I guess the worse part is that the policy was not made clear to coaches and families until after teams were formed.

Most of these Orgs. are 501b non profits.

Time to find a different Org.? I personally am hoping for a major backfire with coaches/teams leaving the dictatorships for freedom.
You do know how PGF started, right? And by doing so they essentially moved ASA(USA) to its current irrelevant status.

What’s good for the goose is good for the gander. If anyone from PGF is complaining they need to check their hypocrite meter because it’s broken.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
You do know how PGF started, right? And by doing so they essentially moved ASA(USA) to its current irrelevant status.

What’s good for the goose is good for the gander. If anyone from PGF is complaining they need to check their hypocrite meter because it’s broken.
I really don't care how PGF started. All I know is forcing good local teams to play in Alliance ONLY is flat wrong. Let teams/coaches do what is best for their team. How about we at least agree for starters we dont schedule them the same week.
Grown men pissing contest. SHAMEFUL!

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Alliance has many, many events that enables you to earn points.
Earn points? Brownie points 🤷‍♀️

Earn points because instead of doing all sorts of other softball venues only do theirs?!
That's kind of like grocery store points you earn from shopping there consistently.

Unnecessary in the long run of anything. When the brownie points are accumulated by paying for events.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019

Absolutely agree that more opportunities is good for everybody.
Purposely Scheduling those opportunities at the same time, not so good for everybody.

May 31, 2018
Allen TX
We were an early adopter of TFL/Alliance. However, within the first year they started mandating all teams use AGL to score official games. To receive “points”, it was required. Our team and teams we were playing were curious why we should all switch scoring apps (most used GC, and a few SidelineHD) to something with a less than stellar reputation. So we made the change to AGL, and ran into issue after issue. After 2-3 tournaments, we decided to abandon scoring with AGL, and move on from Alliance. I’m assuming a lot of money is changing hands just on a scoring app to enforce use of an Inferior product that very few want to use.

Jun 8, 2016
Our team signed up for HFL this year because it was cheaper (or the same price) to do that than to pay the extra money for the USA insurance that we needed for a tournament (the insurance we had wasn't enough). I think we have scored maybe 6 or 7 games with AGL and hence gotten points? We were not going to go to CA for the 14U championship even if we qualified anyway..

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KittyGoneWild