Coach upset with DD for going to Homecoming

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2011
Oh, my. Now, I was all for her playing and skipping HC, but this last bit of info is just too much. I would turn in her uniform.
I think you know from our P.m's awhile ago we were really close to at the end of the year. Especially, (and I didn't post this in the "weight" thread) when she was in the hospital he said..."well, at least she's losing weight!" He doesn't think before he speaks and it has caused a lot of problems. DD however loves her teammates, and absolutely loves the AC and wants to stay one more year before she tries out for her "dream" team. She worked her way into the starting 3rd base spot and this other team will be losing their starter at the end of the upcoming season. She wants more field time at 3rd before trying out for them.

Oct 10, 2011
How many players do they have? Did she tell coach she will play if they only have 8?

She told me, but not the coach. The coach sent out a text earlier in the week that said we only had 9 for the weekend and to let him know where people were staying. I didn't reply of course, but maybe should have text "home."
He said she was one of the 9.

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
Time for her to try out for that dream team you mentioned.

Makes you wonder what the real goal of attending this showcase is?? Is his DD supposed to get some looks from some coaches?

Nov 2, 2012
Double wow!!! If he can't come up with more than 8 not counting your daughter he shouldn't be taking a team anywhere.

Jun 29, 2013
WSith his call in mind, I'd be so, so tempted to walk in, give him the double finger salute, and tell him can't wait until we see you on opposite sides of the field. Guys like him are the reason so many people have such poor opinions of youth coaches.

Oct 10, 2011
coaches

Turns out his DD did contact some schools ( who is a senior.) I also found out that he was able to pick up another player.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2013
Ok, ok. I am on board now.
The one thing I absolutely can't tolerate is a coach that oversteps his bounds and tries to elevate his authority over a parents off the field. He may have had 9 with a pickup but now he should only have 8. Check the dream team out and shop around some. I can't believe with that behavior he has held a team together.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcworthSoftballMom