Clemson softball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 1, 2015
I know there are some guys in Alabama out of a job. :)

And every girl and family with an IQ above caveman will stay far far far far far far far away from Clemson if that happens. :D

But in all seriousness, they need to get someone in place now if they are looking at a 2020 first pitch date still. Get out there recruiting travel ball, and, more importantly, get out there recruiting some JUCOs to step in and be the upperclassmen and at least give them a fighting chance in games. And get some camps going, get some youngsters on campus, the Clemson brand is strong. Leverage that. There are tons of great players in the region. Get to them before someone else does.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
I am sure that Carley Hoover and others wish this had happened years ago. Clemson should be able to attract some very good talent.

Mar 1, 2015
Matty Moss as well, Greenville SC girl.

Carolina Elite has a decent program, need to find a coach to latch on to the program and help keep local talent local.

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
Does anyone have any info on who Clemson may be considering as their head softball coach? Or when they may take action?

I'm guessing Chris Hawkins of SC-Upstate gets a long look.

Carolina Elite has a decent program, need to find a coach to latch on to the program and help keep local talent local.

I don't think that's going to happen just because it's Clemson. It would take a special coach, IMO, to make Clemson more attractive as a softball destination than South Carolina, which has a lot to offer in terms of facilities and conference.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
The Gamecocks carried a 20 player roster last season. Only 3 players were from South Carolina. Graduation will certainly take a toll on them this season. They lost 5 starters and the core of their pitching staff.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I'm guessing Chris Hawkins of SC-Upstate gets a long look.

I don't think that's going to happen just because it's Clemson. It would take a special coach, IMO, to make Clemson more attractive as a softball destination than South Carolina, which has a lot to offer in terms of facilities and conference.

We play in the Carolina Elite organization on the NC side, several weeks back at a showcase we heard Chris' name was in the hat.... Chris has some very deep roots at Upstate along with a very successful winning record there, not sure what Bryan Pack would do but it would be very odd not having Chris Hawkins in the dugout running that program!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meeks