Who do you have to win the WCWS(besides OU)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 4, 2015
New England
I guess the best story in the WCWS is Northwestern. The Big Ten has been declining in softball prominence, and there's no reason to expect Northwestern to have a top-10 team. I know they had a couple of good teams 15 years ago, and Chicago neighbor DePaul was really good around the turn of the century. I thought that area's glory days were long gone, given way to the Sun Belt and the rise of the SEC and now the ACC. Guess not. Good for NU.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
SEC pretty much fell on it's face. I am loving all the upsets. I am sure there a lot of butt hurt people out there. Never would have thought UT, Northwestern, Oregon St, and Arizona to be going to the WCWS. I think it's great for the sport, illustrating the parity among teams.

1653915781375.png

Dec 11, 2010
IDK- I went back to 2017, that year the SEC had three teams get in. Since then it’s been two, this year it’s one.

Doesn't really seem all that shocking to me. Alabama just wasn’t that good this year. People have said there was parity in the SEC this year, to me it was more like the teams were all kind of flat.

Even Arkansas- they were good but they didn’t steam roll teams week after week…

Are we headed for an All Oklahoma final? That would suck for the P12 folks, lol

Sep 3, 2015
I know Northwestern has almost no chance of winning, but I’m still going with them. What a great series win against AZst.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 16, 2016
Illinois
My original pick was Ok. St. if you can't pick Oklahoma.

I want Northwestern to win it all. One of my daughter coaches graduated from Northwestern last year. I would estimate nearly 40% of the Northwestern roster is from the same club team that my daughter plays for.

If it was up to me, I would love for my daughter to play for Northwestern. It is close to home also. My daughter wants to go play somewhere warm. Hard to blame her for that. The spring softball games are miserable in this area.

Sep 3, 2015
My original pick was Ok. St. if you can't pick Oklahoma.

I want Northwestern to win it all. One of my daughter coaches graduated from Northwestern last year. I would estimate nearly 40% of the Northwestern roster is from the same club team that my daughter plays for.

If it was up to me, I would love for my daughter to play for Northwestern. It is close to home also. My daughter wants to go play somewhere warm. Hard to blame her for that. The spring softball games are miserable in this area.

P1 for NW traveled around with DDs travel team last summer, great kid and great family. My DD will also be in the big 10 next year so let’s go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 25, 2020
Where is @Brisurb ? Genius pick(so far!)

I think next year the thread should be "pick the top 8 AND the winner". I say that since I've crapped out at every turn...

Edit: And it's nice to hear from Gambler Bob and jsoftball and the people close there.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812