christmas project dd

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
The sequence we see here resembles that of ….. a bear squat ….. hand/triangle gyration ….. backwards separation ….. forced move into an anti-slot torque position (i.e., airing out the armpit).

29urkhj.gif

A quick comparison suggests that this position, which is considered highly important by multiple hitting systems, isn’t a match.

2cdg75u.gif

Oct 25, 2009
The sequence we see here resembles that of ….. a bear squat ….. hand/triangle gyration ….. backwards separation ….. forced move into an anti-slot torque position (i.e., airing out the armpit).

29urkhj.gif

A quick comparison suggests that this position, which is considered highly important by multiple hitting systems, isn’t a match.

2cdg75u.gif

I have a player that gets into that same position when I try to show her how to tilt. She needs to stay stacked between her knees. The tilt is fine, but it needs to be between the knees, not back toward the catcher.

Set the tee as low as it will go; and set it deeper—more towards center of body. One way to feel (and look like) what the tilt should be like, come to stretch (launch position) and then tilt to the ball. The head and shoulders will be between the knees.

Another thought: put a ball in her hand and see if she would feel OK throwing from that position. Hopefully, not.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest

29urkhj.gif

2cdg75u.gif

Wow, you used a still of a drill clip, compared to mlb players, to show how much she sucks. Nice one fiveframe. your character is shining bright.

nikkigoodcoilgoodsep%20-%20modelgirls-M.jpg

nikkigoodcoilgoodsep%20-%20smallgirlbigswingkaniva-M.jpg

But the drill clip you posted, works well in teaching the feel, of seperation, and yes it gets overcooked, in the drill.

Hi softballphreak, just saw your post, its just a drill to feel the back, holding against the turn.
Does she line up ok, in the comparisions i posted? thanks

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
This one point i am well aware of. I do try to get her hands to stay within the elbow more, closer to the shoulder, she tends to let the front arm get long.

In comparision to your clip, my dd's hands start more towards the middle of her body, but do end up, in a comparable position, as a matter of fact, very close to your clip.
Her hand position at stretch, is in fact, not bad at all.

You seem to be be confusing stretch and seperation, in this clip
In my terms seperation would be hips turning, with the shoulders not. Stretch would be before this.

in a perfect world, i would love to have my dd, walk away from her hands, and not move them back, just some tip.

As an edit, the one thing i really do like in my dds hands, that the young lady does not do, in your clip
is the rise in her hands, the little loop, before she throws.
You should learn that part

Red bold above: The "how" one arrives in a position is critical. That is why we use video clips and not still pictures. Your daughter's swing here has issues ... significant issues IMO.

Black bold above: The "up and in" action "can" be very valuable in terms of timing ... but this is all for not in your daughter's swing. A hitch, performed in this manner, is not ideal ... yet a hitch can be made to be very effective. You seem to be on a search for information ... if you purchase Tewks' ebook, then pay special attention to his section on "timing mechanism" ... also take note of his "half-way home drill".

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Wow, you used a still of a drill clip, compared to mlb players, to show how much she sucks. Nice one fiveframe. your character is shining bright.

I was under the impression that you were open to feedback. It looks like I may have interpreted that incorrectly.

This position is considered quite important ... I wouldn't sweep it under the rug ... but it is your choice as her instructor.

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest

29urkhj.gif

2cdg75u.gif

I fixed your honest mistake, using a drill clip of my dd, in your image fiveframe.

seperationn-M.jpg

seperationnn-M.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1