christmas project dd

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Your daughter’s hand gyrations are providing limited feedback and creating a rhythm that leads to a sequence issue. You will see an improvement if you transfer that motion to the bat head, rather than to the hands & bat head as a unit. It is the barrel that the body needs to be synchronized to. It is the barrel that needs to be turned and thrown. You want the body to feel the barrel in preparation to use the barrel. The body will move more efficiently to accomplish the task at hand if it has a feel of the barrel. This here is not ideal.

352p6wg.gif

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
The notion of separation as you are teaching it is a bit suspect IMO. Read what SB recently wrote at BBD … “the hands stretch from the stride foot. Yet it doesn't happen with the hands.” This below is not what SB meant. It isn’t even close.

o6fjnn.gif

Read Tewks’ eBook and understand what he has to say about always moving forward and how it is critical for timing. Your implementation of separation here will have significant repercussions on your daughter’s effectiveness.

Consider the following examples ....

bh9fk.gif

R

RayR

Honestly - Edit the first sentence of your post....if you said this about my daughter I would fly out to Washington and sucker punch you in the throat...

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
This may have been an attempt to duplicate a drill you observed, but do you have any support of this via the Hanson Principle? If so, please post it. If not, then consider nixing this as well.

2rfbnv8.gif

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
The rapid scrunching motion has the appearance of an animal squatting in the woods to relieve them-self. This action is being overdone to your daughter’s detriment. She finds it necessary to correct for this in the opposite direction during mid-swing. This is negatively impacting your daughter’s loading, unloading, and dynamic sequencing. The loss of potential dynamic loading that takes place because of this 'bear squat' is unfortunate, and it robs her of her potential.

344ruqr.gif

I take it you do not like her stance? She steps in the box and gets in her stance.

So you would like her more upright in her stance?

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
Your daughter’s hand gyrations are providing limited feedback and creating a rhythm that leads to a sequence issue. You will see an improvement if you transfer that motion to the bat head, rather than to the hands & bat head as a unit. It is the barrel that the body needs to be synchronized to. It is the barrel that needs to be turned and thrown. You want the body to feel the barrel in preparation to use the barrel. The body will move more efficiently to accomplish the task at hand if it has a feel of the barrel. This here is not ideal.

352p6wg.gif

She uses this to stay loose, the hands quiet when she loads, and it does not effect anything, in her swing.

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
The notion of separation as you are teaching it is a bit suspect IMO. Read what SB recently wrote at BBD … “the hands stretch from the stride foot. Yet it doesn't happen with the hands.” This below is not what SB meant. It isn’t even close.

o6fjnn.gif

Read Tewks’ eBook and understand what he has to say about always moving forward and how it is critical for timing. Your implementation of separation here will have significant repercussions on your daughter’s effectiveness.

Consider the following examples ....

bh9fk.gif

This one point i am well aware of. I do try to get her hands to stay within the elbow more, closer to the shoulder, she tends to let the front arm get long.

In comparision to your clip, my dd's hands start more towards the middle of her body, but do end up, in a comparable position, as a matter of fact, very close to your clip.
Her hand position at stretch, is in fact, not bad at all.

You seem to be be confusing stretch and seperation, in this clip
In my terms seperation would be hips turning, with the shoulders not. Stretch would be before this.

in a perfect world, i would love to have my dd, walk away from her hands, and not move them back, just some tip.

As an edit, the one thing i really do like in my dds hands, that the young lady does not do, in your clip
is the rise in her hands, the little loop, before she throws.
You should learn that part.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG