Help with DD Push/Drive

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 18, 2013
MN
Okie,

amazing isn't it? My DD was #3 last season, rarely in the circle for tournament play. We hit it hard on the off season using all of Boardmembers drills, and Java's input along with a host of other forum members input and help. My DD is having an incredible season. She is 12 - second year with great stats and an undefeated season - two tournament wins. She's on an A travel team and our HC asked if I would be our pitching coach. Weird right? I'm helping out but mostly focusing on my DD, keeping mechanics in check, working on spin, and movement, etc. Long story short, I'm a Mom who took interest in my DD and her passion. Just goes to show that a lot of research and dedication goes a LONG way. Have fun on your journey - that's what it' s all about!
Update:

Oh what a difference one week makes. After seeing my two consecutive practices where my DD has thrown harder and more consistently than before, her PC has come around and started to like this change to an IR motion. We still have a ton of work to do as she often starts rotating her wrist too soon and her stride is still weak but the results have her PC, her and myself very, very excited about what the future holds. The biggest and obvious difference is the increase in velocity shes getting. I dont have a gun but the 11 year old pitcher we faced last week is said to throw 45-50mph and no doubt my DD is at or exceeding that.

We had a game Tuesday night and i started another pitcher. This girl does more throwing than pitching and they are very slow meatballs but consistently gets the ball across the plate. As i usually do i let her go 2 innings with the other team hitting her well and our defense playing lights out. To start the 3rd inning my DD came in and this girl was throwing bullets! Her stride is still very inconsistent but the first two batters were bailing out of the box on all 3 strikes thrown to them. I shirt you not, the opposing coach actually came over and asked if we would put the other pitcher back in and give the bottom of his lineup a chance to hit (we were up 11-1). I understand its a rec league but my DD, just as all of our pitchers have put in the hours and work to earn the right to get those valuable reps on gameday. Im all for doing whats best for the girls but give me a break, im not pulling her. He was offended when i told my DD to finish the game throwing nothing other than changeups (which are still hotter than our 1st pitchers fastball). My DD was hot after the end of the game, she wasnt happy about the changeups and neither was momma, lol.

I just want to thank everyone here for the contributions. We have a LONG way to go but for the first time in awhile i got to see my confident daughter back on the field and every day shes more and more hungry to throw. This is a prime example of how helpful a site like this is and with improvements we have seen in just 2 weeks im excited to see how much more she can improve with the help of a knowlegeable group like this.

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi