christmas project dd

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Rdbass, I prefer not to push. I only wish to work with those that are truly interested in working, and those that are interested need only one invitation.

Mann lives approximately 2hrs away from me … 4hr round trip. His season begins on Monday … and new information at this point in time may be considered too late, or possibly interfering ... a trip at this point in time could be a waste of both of our time. There is always next winter.

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
Rdbass, I prefer not to push. I only wish to work with those that are truly interested in working, and those that are interested need only one invitation.

Mann lives approximately 2hrs away from me … 4hr round trip. His season begins on Monday … and new information at this point in time may be considered too late, or possibly interfering ... a trip at this point in time could be a waste of both of our time. There is always next winter.

Thank you Fiveframe. i do go out to portland, in the winter, and a few summer trips to Strictly Softball, dds, pitching coaches facility. So i would love to come out and watch you working with some students. I attend clinics all the time also.

Ash high pitch
mann's Photos : Photo Keywords : ashhigh 

Ash low pitch

mann's Photos : Photo Keywords : ashlow 

Two swings. of a girl going into the junior season
I would like to work on seperation, and getting sat, girls like that back leg straight.
Ray posted a gif of his girl, they look about the same.
Who else is willing to put up a junior, high pitch low pitch? front toss?

Oct 25, 2009
Thank you Fiveframe. i do go out to portland, in the winter, and a few summer trips to Strictly Softball, dds, pitching coaches facility. So i would love to come out and watch you working with some students. I attend clinics all the time also.

Ash high pitch
mann's Photos : Photo Keywords : ashhigh*

Ash low pitch

mann's Photos : Photo Keywords : ashlow*

Two swings. of a girl going into the junior season
I would like to work on seperation, and getting sat, girls like that back leg straight.
Ray posted a gif of his girl, they look about the same.
Who else is willing to put up a junior, high pitch low pitch? front toss?

Nice swings!! The only thing I didn't particularly care for was the head down on the low pitch. I would rather her head stay where she last saw the ball, which wouldn't be straight down. Of course, that wouldn't happen on a game pitch anyway.

Nice weight shift, also.

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
I finally had a session with my dd.
We had gone over the thread, several weeks ago, and read together all the comments, and suggestions on helping to improve on her swing.
I recorded the whole session, and the swings are labeled in sequence of our practice
Bat drag, and lack of seperation were the most apparent problems.

We worked on the bat drag issue, first.

mann's Photos : Photo Keywords : anikki1nodragnocoil 
mann's Photos : Photo Keywords : bnikkinocoilhardswing 
She lacked seperation so worked on this by using straightlegs clip, as a drill.
Here she is getting the feel of holding.
mann's Photos : Photo Keywords : enikkimseperationdrillelvis 

Here is a clip of smoothing out the elvis drill, with less hesitation.

mann's Photos : Photo Keywords : fnikkicoilwork 

We worked on coiling foward, with seperation, Putting it all together.

mann's Photos : Photo Keywords : nikkigoodcoilgoodsep 

she looks pretty good, i think going live, and working on timing is the plan from here on out. First games are on wednsday.

This final clip is My dd, going old school.

mann's Photos : Photo Keywords : nikkioldschool 

I will try to gif up the swings, and open up a photobucket account. Which i tried once, but they would not load at photobucket.

thanks for your help.

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
Mann, what is it that you are teaching that is causing the spin?

Good question Marcus.

Was it there before? What part of the sequence is causing the weight to not transfer against the front side?

The good stuff, her head is stable, no bat drag, she understands seperation.

Marcus, remain neutral, give her, if its due, A compliment sandwich:), with a list of suggestions to repair.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
I finally had a session with my dd.
We had gone over the thread, several weeks ago, and read together all the comments, and suggestions on helping to improve on her swing.
I recorded the whole session, and the swings are labeled in sequence of our practice
Bat drag, and lack of seperation were the most apparent problems.

We worked on the bat drag issue, first.

mann's Photos : Photo Keywords : anikki1nodragnocoil*
mann's Photos : Photo Keywords : bnikkinocoilhardswing*
She lacked seperation so worked on this by using straightlegs clip, as a drill.
Here she is getting the feel of holding.
mann's Photos : Photo Keywords : enikkimseperationdrillelvis*

Here is a clip of smoothing out the elvis drill, with less hesitation.

mann's Photos : Photo Keywords : fnikkicoilwork*

We worked on coiling foward, with seperation, Putting it all together.

mann's Photos : Photo Keywords : nikkigoodcoilgoodsep*

she looks pretty good, i think going live, and working on timing is the plan from here on out. First games are on wednsday.

This final clip is My dd, going old school.

mann's Photos : Photo Keywords : nikkioldschool*

I will try to gif up the swings, and open up a photobucket account. Which i tried once, but they would not load at photobucket.

thanks for your help.

Did you detach and delete the audio? If not they will be too big a file to upload. Also, think about size, most gifs we make are about 300-400 X 300-400. Sometimes much bigger won't upload.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Mann, I will provide a few comments over the next few posts due to limitations in the number of GIFs that can be included in a post. Bottom-line, I believe there is a bit of a misinterpretation issue taking place. I'll leave it to you to determine if that is the case or not.

qxto95.gif

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
The rapid scrunching motion has the appearance of an animal squatting in the woods to relieve them-self. This action is being overdone to your daughter’s detriment. She finds it necessary to correct for this in the opposite direction during mid-swing. This is negatively impacting your daughter’s loading, unloading, and dynamic sequencing. The loss of potential dynamic loading that takes place because of this 'bear squat' is unfortunate, and it robs her of her potential.

344ruqr.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunny 321commission