christmas project dd

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Mann
Her swing has allot going for her that is good.

Hip drive needs adjusted. I call it an elvis move
Back arm folds underneath, she does not maintain the box.

Those 2 adjustments and she will have one heck of a swing

Straightleg

I still agree with this, on this swing.

Sometimes i tell a hitter to stand up tall, and first just stick your butt out. You will feel it in your lower back.
Then just barely soften knees.
After that just maintain that small tilt all the way through the swing.
I like the orginal swing, the one with the white shirt in the gym. Hold the bat all the way down to the bottom, Alittle tighter hand path, and i would like to see a swing with just those 2 adjustments.

Tip. If your ball flight is fly out verses a line drive, or if your back elbow is slotting to fast and too far, then take a bucket of balls and a high tee and hit line drives into a net. It will make yourr body feel keeping the back elbow up more longer in the swing to hit that line drive.

SL

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2010
Mann, thanks for the update with your DD. For those of us on a similar journey, having others of a similar age going through this learning process at the same time really helps.

Sometimes i tell a hitter to stand up tall, and first just stick your butt out. You will feel it in your lower back.
Then just barely soften knees.

SL, I agree with what you are saying. I used to tell DD to bend at the waist and soften the knees.... what she used to do was bend at the waist, then when she softened her knees, she would straighten her top half. Mann, another way of saying what SL was mentioning is to bend/soften the knees (one click), then bend at the waist until your shoulders are over the knees enough that she can feel the weight on the balls of her feet and she feels like she is in an athletic position.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1