christmas project dd

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
My poor dd has been through alot with a coach dad. Shes been experimented on for many years.

I have played baseball fastpitch and slowpitch. I know everything:rolleyes:,
I knew nothing about teaching, but i did anyway. Hands to the ball. knob to ball. squish bug. camps, changes, redos.
She has suffered greatly.
She still plays, and loves the game.

last couple of years i have chilled, and worked with her only once in awhile.
Here is her swing at this point. yesterday i filmed this.[video]http://mann.smugmug.com/Other/Khittingtraining/i-56HjwdX/0/M/nikkiwinm-M.jpg[/video]

Some help would be great, what do you see, and what can be done, drills and work, to fix things?

I can see things, i have some ideas. But, as a coach, i would really like to expand my bucket of fixs, drills, bandaids.

thank you.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Don't feel bad ... virtually everyone takes the same path. Heck, even the guy running the HI site acknowledges that he went through a similar learning process. Just retain the passion to keep advancing.

There isn't much folks can comment on intelligently in terms of offering advice from a photo. If you have a swing clip then that will help.

Oct 25, 2009
My poor dd has been through alot with a coach dad. Shes been experimented on for many years.

I have played baseball fastpitch and slowpitch. I know everything:rolleyes:,
I knew nothing about teaching, but i did anyway. Hands to the ball. knob to ball. squish bug. camps, changes, redos.
She has suffered greatly.
She still plays, and loves the game.

last couple of years i have chilled, and worked with her only once in awhile.
Here is her swing at this point. yesterday i filmed this.[video]http://mann.smugmug.com/Other/Khittingtraining/i-56HjwdX/0/M/nikkiwinm-M.jpg[/video]

Some help would be great, what do you see, and what can be done, drills and work, to fix things?

I can see things, i have some ideas. But, as a coach, i would really like to expand my bucket of fixs, drills, bandaids.

thank you.

At least you only affected one kid if your instruction was bad. Think how I feel when thinking back on all the kids I've worked with over the years, including my own. And the scary part is, am I doing it correctly now; or will I have more regrets next year?

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
what the heck, i tried to link the video. I'll try again, i might need some help.

[video]<iframe frameborder="0" scrolling="no" width="425" height="240" src="http://api.smugmug.com/services/embed/2283269108_56HjwdX?width=425&height=240"></iframe>[/video]

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
ok4emg.gif

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Don't feel bad ... virtually everyone takes the same path. Heck, even the guy running the HI site acknowledges that he went through a similar learning process. Just retain the passion to keep advancing.

There isn't much folks can comment on intelligently in terms of offering advice from a photo. If you have a swing clip then that will help.

I agree with FFS on this. I taught my DD wrong things in the beginning,and I am still learning. Just push forward and many guys/girls on here that can help you adjust her swing.

SL

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Nice tight barrel turn, good. Make sure it stays a turn and not a dump.
ok4emg.gif

I would start her feeling STRETCH.
mannjr_zpscc1fe1e7.gif

Upper arm up and back, LOADING INTO THE SCAP/UPPER BACK, pulling hands back..."DRAW/PULL THE BOW STRING" or "COCK THE PUNCH"
as hands go back lower front side goes forward WITH COIL.
longstretch_zps36970fe1.gif

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Mann
Her swing has allot going for her that is good.

Hip drive needs adjusted. I call it an elvis move
Back arm folds underneath, she does not maintain the box.

Those 2 adjustments and she will have one heck of a swing

Straightleg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1