Cheating or Aggressive Base Running?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 21, 2008
When I'm wrong, I admit it. So, after doing lessons last night and actually learning which team it was, it turns out I DO know the coach involved. I truly know so few people here in Nebraska, and even a fewer amount in the high school softball ranks that I automatically assumed I didn't know him. But, it turns out I do. And I know him pretty well. And, again I didn't realize the school involved, but the Principal at the school has a daughter that pitches whom I work with. So I had more connection to this than I ever imagined but, I wasn't there and I didn't know the teams that were playing.

The Omaha World Herald paper said it was the Assistant coach who was trolling on Twitter and admitting to it being a designed play. I don't think I know the assistant coach(s).

The head coach of the team, the person I know, has been fired from the job.

Jun 27, 2021
I'm sure a fine of a portion of his coaching stipend from the school would probably hurt. But if it's anything like stipends where I'm at, you would be talking about taking the whole thing away to make it noticeable. Firing him would be more effective.

Sadly, we all know that cheaters win sometimes. It doesn't make it right but it happens. And if reports of tweets and things like that are true, not only is this guy a cheater, he's an egomaniac. Who brags about cheating and getting away with it right after it happens?
And that was the problem in how he took to twitter to acknowledge the play with no remorse but arrogance.

Jun 27, 2021
When I'm wrong, I admit it. So, after doing lessons last night and actually learning which team it was, it turns out I DO know the coach involved. I truly know so few people here in Nebraska, and even a fewer amount in the high school softball ranks that I automatically assumed I didn't know him. But, it turns out I do. And I know him pretty well. And, again I didn't realize the school involved, but the Principal at the school has a daughter that pitches whom I work with. So I had more connection to this than I ever imagined but, I wasn't there and I didn't know the teams that were playing.

The Omaha World Herald paper said it was the Assistant coach who was trolling on Twitter and admitting to it being a designed play. I don't think I know the assistant coach(s).

The head coach of the team, the person I know, has been fired from the job.
The last line is the big picture. Not only the coach but the school, players and community put into the negative spotlight because of the HC. Players come and go but a coach with integrity can last decades with or without a title because of the impact they make by doing it the right way.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish