CF8 cracked after 3 months

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
A girl on our other 16U team had a CF8 -10 break at the connection point after 6 months. They got a new one within a week. It's been going strong so far after another 4 months.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Now, how many "game" swings would that 1500 hits equal...think about it that way. Would have lasted a ton.

We use last years bat for BP and this years bat for games. A few years ago bats got a lot hotter with use, so everyone wanted to get as many swings on their bats as possible. This is no longer the case and while some bats may get a little hotter with use, there is no longer a HUGE gap between "out of the wrapper" and 1000+ swings.

May 20, 2015
Bradenton, FL
I've yet to see a newer Demarini CF6,CF7 or CF8 wear our (loose it's pop and start to become dead). They all seem to crack in the end. I have some older CF4's that are still going after years they just don't have the same pop anymore. Maybe the trade off for the extra pop the latest bats produce right out of the wrapper is a more fragile bat. I do think the demarini's have the most pop currently.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Ok. You did sugar coat it a little, but I was trying to bolster your mystique.

I did buy a bat from you earlier - actually a CF8 that is the topic of this thread - and DD couldn't be happier with it. You treated me right (apart from my lesson on a particular bat brand). I'll be back when we're shopping again.

Ohhhh, I do remember you quite well now and I did speak my mind about it...hahahaha. That was a good tangent.

I am very glad your dd is happy with the bat...that's the main goal and what we all strive for when buying/selling a bat.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
We use last years bat for BP and this years bat for games. A few years ago bats got a lot hotter with use, so everyone wanted to get as many swings on their bats as possible. This is no longer the case and while some bats may get a little hotter with use, there is no longer a HUGE gap between "out of the wrapper" and 1000+ swings.

This is well said and the truth.

And also as NV said, bats break...it is what it is.

Not every bat comes off the line perfect for any manufacturer. The main reason they all offer the one year warranty.

Feb 20, 2015
illinois
Bats do break. I bought DD a Easton SV12 (i forget exact letters) that had composite shell, and aluminum alloy outer layer. DD loved the bat and practiced with it for a couple of weeks. Was 11 or 12 at the time, and hardly ever hit the ball out of the infield until that bat. Was easily hitting to center field. Lasted exactly ONE at bat in a live game and developed a rattle. Apparently happened a lot, because Easton discontinued the bat. They couldn't even find me a replacement in the same size, so they sent me a FS3, that is a -12 bat. DD used it for a year or so, was off for a year because of spinal fusion surgery, and has currently used it again for four months, with no problems, so not all -12/-11 are fragile. Just luck of the draw some times. And yes, before someone says it....we are going to a -10 soon.

Jan 20, 2015
Indiana
The -11 bats have less composite making them more fragile. Or that is what Ive found and been told. Also, when you produce 1000's of bats your gonna get a few bad ones, now Demarini should fix that issue but who knows. I would bet a whole dime that a huge majority of cracked bat claims are -11, -12 bats and typically girls swinging those bats aren't your big bat speed stronger girls either so ?????That's my .02, again for free

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi