CF8 cracked after 3 months

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Good time to go to a -10. The LTX is like the CF series in that their actual weight is usually right on with the stamped weight, although my DD's 2015 32/22 LTX weighed 22.8 oz. Contact Core about a 2016 LTX, great bat.

Feb 15, 2013
Delaware
Were in Florida and haven't seen anything below 55 degrees in the past 3 months.
Bat is stored in the garage and it's never less than 60 or more than 80 degrees.
I'm thinking the drop -11 bats are just more fragile, just wondering how often they are breaking.

My personal opinion is you're correct. I'm not a fan of anything more than a -10, I think they take the quality or the Pop or even both out of the bat to shave the extra weight out. Now someone much better at this than I will come on here and state they just remove handle weight or something, but I agree the -11, -12's are not constructed well.

Also when in doubt go LS LXT. I don't think the XENO is on the same level as the LXT.

May 12, 2014
Let your DD test out a few bats and see what she likes and go from there. For example, JQuick feels the LXT is better than the Xeno. My DD tried both the 2016 Xeno and LXT and felt the Xeno was way better because it felt heavier. Said LXT lacked a weighted feel. So, the Xeno felt like it had more pop.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Ok, I have kinda been known to not sugar coat things but I always try, so before I post this I will say to please not take anything I say as being mean or not seeing the buyers side of a situation as I have been on that end as well :)

You got 13 months on a bat you bought. While not ideal, it happens. That's why warranties last a year. I mean really, now you want Demarini to warranty their no-return bats? If the bat broke in a month, they actually WOULD help you out. But 3 months, that's pushing it. When do they draw the line. And lets be honest, you
bought a CF6 10 months ago, so no doubt you bought it on clearance for a much cheaper price than a new model bat? And you got a CF8 out of that broken CF6.

One more thing, you said you didn't hit dimple balls, but how much BP did you put on the bat? That's why I always suggest a cheapy BP bat to people. Saves
swings on the new stuff.

Jan 31, 2014
North Carolina
One more thing, you said you didn't hit dimple balls, but how much BP did you put on the bat? That's why I always suggest a cheapy BP bat to people. Saves
swings on the new stuff.

I'm glad Core brought up the dimpled balls. If that's what the machine used, then you we're begging for trouble as those balls are heavier and denser. We always keep a cheap, aluminum bat for occasional machine work and cold weather practice. It's the same size and weight (at least on paper) as DD's game bat. For cold weather games, she uses her "previous" game bat.

Take all the advice.here about the -10. And for Pete's sake, pm Core and let him sell you a bat. Your DD will be better off in the long run. He's a bat guru extraordinaire an he won't take advantage. I tried to buy a particular bat from him a while back and he told me I was being an idiot. Now I'm a little less stupid, and it didn't cost me a night at a Holiday Inn.

May 20, 2015
Bradenton, FL
DD used the bat for 4 tournaments and maybe about 80-100 hits a week in bp (only real softballs no dimpled balls). So I'd say the bat lasted about 1500 hits. I agree I didn't pay for the second replacement bat so I'm not knocking Demarini they send the replacement promptly when her last bat broke, however if her first bat only lasted 3 months and the replacement also broke in 3 months I would not be so happy with Demarini.

I was more curious about what others are seeing with the life of this bat and other high end composites. When we finally stepped up to a high end bat I expected that she would outgrow it before it was worn out.

I like DD to practice with the bat she is going to use in games. I think at this age a big part of hitting well is confidence in yourself and in your bat.

It sounds like the drop -11's don't hold up that long. DD is using her backup Demarini Insane -10 which is working out for her so I will most likely just stick with -1 bats going forward.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
DD used the bat for 4 tournaments and maybe about 80-100 hits a week in bp (only real softballs no dimpled balls). So I'd say the bat lasted about 1500 hits. I agree I didn't pay for the second replacement bat so I'm not knocking Demarini they send the replacement promptly when her last bat broke, however if her first bat only lasted 3 months and the replacement also broke in 3 months I would not be so happy with Demarini.

I like DD to practice with the bat she is going to use in games. I think at this age a big part of hitting well is confidence in yourself and in your bat.

Now, how many "game" swings would that 1500 hits equal...think about it that way. Would have lasted a ton.

Whats the difference if you have a 3/4 year old CF or any other bat you use for bp/cage/whatever else and keep a new gamer? Now you blew up her gamer
and she has to find other bats to use for important swings.

You have a few people here that don't like the "bp" bat theory and use the gamer all the time. But those are also usually the people that have 5 or 6 bats and don't
mind having to pop for a new one more than usual. Hell, I have 100+ personal bats and I still use "bp" bats...haha. I like the "better safe than sorry" theory.
Plus, I wanna know that my gamer will be in the bag and not cracked because I hit 1500 balls into a net and now I have to find my confidence in another bat for a game time swing.

Jan 31, 2014
North Carolina
I tried to buy a particular bat from him a while back and he told me I was being an idiot.

I don't think I used that wording :)

And I probably cost myself money talking you out of a bat...haha. I really have stop that.

Ok. You did sugar coat it a little, but I was trying to bolster your mystique.

I did buy a bat from you earlier - actually a CF8 that is the topic of this thread - and DD couldn't be happier with it. You treated me right (apart from my lesson on a particular bat brand). I'll be back when we're shopping again.

May 18, 2009
DeMarini says not to hit dimple balls for this reason. My DD has had her cf-8 -11 since May I believe. Bats break. I saw an LXT Brel in half last week. It happens

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi