Ghost cracked

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 10, 2016
Georgia
Just found out this weekend that DD's Ghost is cracked. She had been using it for a couple of weeks like this :rolleyes:
She's been struggling hitting too. DH and I found out between games on Saturday and she used her older bat and hit much better.
We are still under warranty and hopefully we'll be able to get a replacement soon. So any tips on how to make it not happen again? We've only had it since April :/

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
you have had it 5 months...use the warranty and get a new one...thats why there are warranties.
I have heard some people putting something on the connection point in slowpitch, dont know off hand
what it was because some slowpitch guys are a little different :)

Its usually pretty fast unless your size isnt in stock, but I believe Easton just restocked inventory

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2018
from everything i am reading and seeing, the only way a ghost doesn't crack is for it to not be used. all seem to be failing. Some sooner than others.

You don't hear much about the thousands of girls using Ghosts that don't crack. Well, except for me.

Daughter is going on 18 months with hers. Zero issue. Other daughter got 10 months on hers before she hit a ball off her hands that damaged the connection. Replacement arrived in about 10 days.

My advice is not to get a Ghost for a novice hitter. It most certainly has some weaker points.

Aug 10, 2016
Georgia
The only way I can think to make it last longer would be to only have her use it in games and use her other bats for practice. She def likes it and hits better off of it. We sent in info to Easton to hopefully get a replacement. I knew buying it that it had the potential to crack - I just hoped we'd be lucky. A teammate of hers has cracked 4 of her bats.

Half the time I think parents are confusing the spiderwebbing and paint seams as a crack. We have two Advanceds (31 & 32). We have one that we were given it's old, part of the first batch and has thousands of hits on it. It's been a tank of a bat, still going strong. It has spiderwebbing all over it, ALL OVER IT lol. We have another that she's on her third one of, two of them flat out busted open but were hot as heck until they went. I've tried to get DD to use other bats but the bottom line is she won't. Comfort is a big factor and as long as Easton continues to take care of me like they ALWAYS have I'll continue to buy their bats. With that said I'm hoping it at least lasts until January when the new one comes out then we plan on messaging Core and getting a new one.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Im with you Travis...not saying Ghosts dont have a more susceptible connection. Its a combo of barrel weight, flex and thin connection. Which
also helps in its pop. But I def agree that there are a lot of returns for paint cracks and seams. They dont
look good and I can see parents getting all in a tizzy about them if they dont know any better. I have seen it in person many times, and they
still wont listen and return it. Which is fine, do what floats your boat. But those are the same people also saying they broke
bats, which is false. Also, the "omg, i think the bat is wiggling" break because they read on the internet about the connection breaks
and now any little movement is a break and they send back.
I would love to be able to scour the trash bins at Easton for paint cracked bats. i would prob make some good coin selling
used bats.

I dont wanna turn this into any major off topic thread or drag the thread on as I have said this point numerous times. Just following up Travis's post
that not all the breaks are legit. And please, no need for people to post breaks asking if this is a paint crack :ROFLMAO:

Aug 27, 2019
Lakewood CA.
You don't hear much about the thousands of girls using Ghosts that don't crack. Well, except for me.

Daughter is going on 18 months with hers. Zero issue. Other daughter got 10 months on hers before she hit a ball off her hands that damaged the connection. Replacement arrived in about 10 days.

My advice is not to get a Ghost for a novice hitter. It most certainly has some weaker points.

18 yo DD has used her GA since November.
100+ TB and HS games rough estimate and no problems. Kind of hoping it breaks before Collage fall games start

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad