CF7 Sprite Vs LXT

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 21, 2013
Question for all the smart bat people.

My DD has been using -11 Demarini for the last 2 years. Problem is she has broke 5 (2 CF5's, 1 CF6, and 2 CF7's). She Is a small 10 year old at 4'4" about 65-70 lbs. She is currently using a 29/18 CF7, which she will surely break. But she absolutely loves the Sprites. The Demarini reps keep telling me to go to a -10, but I am not sure if she is big enough to handle the extra inch and 2 ounces. Also, from what I recently read the -10 Demarinis are not nearly as good as the -11's.

Do to a recent move she will possibly be moving to a 12U team. I think she might need a bigger bat for the move up but not sure. I am thinking of purchasing a 2014 30/20 LXT at a good price. She will not be able to try one first. What would be the opinion on someone her size moving from the 29/18 Demarini to the 30/20 LXT? Will there be a noticeable difference to her?

She has tried a 29/18 Xeno and does not like it at all. She won't tell me what she doesn't like, just that she doesn't like it. She does say it is not to heavy though, so at least she is a little helpful. Thanks for any advice

coachbob

Banned
Apr 26, 2012
SoCal
We have both bats on the team, but the LXT is the bat of choice for my girls. We had two 2014's as team bats, and the Mako sat in the dugout. We just got the sprite, so we could let some of the girls get a feel for 33's. My DD doesn't care for it much, and is an LXT fan.
The -10 2014 LXT ran lighter than sticker weight. Feels nothing like a Xeno.

Dec 11, 2010
Clank, the LXT should have a balanced feel similar to the CF''s. I don't think you can go wrong with them, I pitch to a 12u team and I can tell you the LXT has tons of pop, lots of "wow" moments.

The Xeno won't feel anything like the other two, not a true balanced bat.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
If she loves the Demarini bats then going to a 30/20 CF6 or CF7 would be a good choice but there is nothing wrong with the LXT either. My DD loves hers CF7 (as she loved her CF6 and CF5) and she wont use anything else (she has a LXT I got cheap as well and she personally doesn't like it).

Either bat is fine. Performance wise they are all great bats and it comes down to what the player is comfortable with. My DD and one of her teammates loves their Demarini's, two of her teammates love their Eastons and most of the rest are split between Xenos and LXTs

LS bats make a loud, loud sound even when you hit it poorly (the 'breaking glass' noise some people call it). I think this fools some people into thinking that the ball is being hit harder. It can be really impressive when the ball IS hit well.

Demarini and Easton have more of a clean sound. When you hit it off the sweet spot it barely makes a noise at all but carries forever. It is impressive in it's own way.

Not sure why you are having bat breaks - my DD is hitting the ball off the wall regularly with her CF7 -10. Maybe it is the Sprite series.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Only she can tell you. But I'd personally pay twice as much for a 2014 30/20 LXT than I would for a 2015 CF7 of any guise without even blinking.

I would have not agreed with this comment several months back.......my DD has used a 31/21 CF6 for that past year and she loved that bat and has had really good results with it. I got her a 2014 LTX 32/22 and she won't even look at that Demarini now. In fact she told me to sell it or find someone who needs it ! I'm with Little Angels on this one, that bat is hot !

Dec 20, 2013
Parkersburg, WV
DD had a Demarini CF6 31/21 last year and had a blast. Bought the CF7 32/22 this year and it seems to be a great bat this year so far but only one tournament so far. 1 hr 1 triple, 3 doubles and 3 singles. Age 11 5"4' 130. She has a 2014 Xeno 32/22 but will not use it? No issues with the -10, I did see 2 cf6 -11 crack last year, both in warm ups before a game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish