Cameron 2010

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 2, 2017
The goal of it is, to get to a good launch position. So when she holds look for good posture, and attack position

index.jpg

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Here is something that I'm doing with my own DD that might be beneficial to yours, do front toss, but she is not going to swing. She is going to perform her sequence, Lower half loading first, then the hands last. She will stop at toe touch and hold. . It's called active takes. Her goal is to go though her entire sequence no matter what. She should be doing that anyway on live pitching.
This is great advise. I believe the Justin Stone feet together drill (never gets old) calls for the coach/dad to call out take or swing. Her abs and obliques should be sore and tired if doing it correctly.

Nov 26, 2020
This is great advise. I believe the Justin Stone feet together drill (never gets old) calls for the coach/dad to call out take or swing. Her abs and obliques should be sore and tired if doing it correctly.
We've been using that drill a ton especially with another girl who tended to wrap the bat around her head and drag. Been very useful, almost want her to change her setup to bat in front of her - mostly kidding

Oct 2, 2017
I like the take to happen prior to that big rear knee drive. In fact i don't like the big rear knee drive at all. I like the feeling of the back foot getting pulled off the ground.
Beat me to it. 100% agree about the back foot getting peeled or pulled off the ground.

Jun 8, 2016
Is she still taking lessons? If so then that whole too many cooks in the kitchen thing may be applicable here...If you don't like the direction the hitting instructor is taking her then find a new one or go at it on your own.

Nov 26, 2020
I'm going to post a live swing from practice in a second. Tell me if the separation is any better - please

Nov 26, 2020
Is she still taking lessons? If so then that whole too many cooks in the kitchen thing may be applicable here...If you don't like the direction the hitting instructor is taking her then find a new one or go at it on your own.
We stopped her lessons - there aren't many teachers here and the one we had taught swing down to create backspin. To it and through it

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06