Cameron 2010

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I went back and forth on getting her to stop swinging up because it was causing her to pull of the ball and top it. She couldn't stay flat and extend flat and we thought it wasn't the best idea to go backwards anyway. So we worked on getting bat more vertical hoping that would help solve the problem. What do you think?

Mission accomplished w the barrel staying more vertical. Be careful though. She should still learn how to pull the ball. Probably first.

I think an improvement from last time though. I would use walk ups and step backs to keep the fluidity and athleticism in her swing.

Nov 26, 2020
Mission accomplished w the barrel staying more vertical. Be careful though. She should still learn how to pull the ball. Probably first.

I think an improvement from last time though. I would use walk ups and step backs to keep the fluidity and athleticism in her swing.
thanks! We will definitely try those drills.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
When doing movement drills be aware that it’s not about how much momentum you can have. Some emphasis should be made to get ‘down’ into a good position. Into the legs w the chest over the plate and the hands still back. Post some vids of her doing the drills if you can.

Nov 26, 2020
When doing movement drills be aware that it’s not about how much momentum you can have. Some emphasis should be made to get ‘down’ into a good position. Into the legs w the chest over the plate and the hands still back. Post some vids of her doing the drills if you can.
Will do - Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cputman12