Cameron 2010

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 26, 2020
This isn't meant to contradict what WW is saying, but if you're doing the Justin Stone Feet Together drill, I believe the starting position is with the hands centered in front of the body. So if you're staring straight ahead, the bat is in front of your nose.

IIRC, the purpose is to exaggerate the feel of the hands working back and up while the lower half works forward.
Got it - thx! We are going to keep working that drill.

Nov 26, 2020
We've been working - two steps back one step forward. I think the hands are better here, maybe the hips are moving slightly ahead, extension definitely better (but this was by far the best of the bunch). I think we had success here with extension because she didnt let her shoulder fly out which has been a challenge. Legs still need work.

Oct 2, 2017
We've been working - two steps back one step forward. I think the hands are better here, maybe the hips are moving slightly ahead, extension definitely better (but this was by far the best of the bunch). I think we had success here with extension because she didnt let her shoulder fly out which has been a challenge. Legs still need work.

Have fun Learning! She will get there! I personally wouldn't worry to much about extension. That IMO is a no teach, and will happen as a result of being in sequence. As W=W stated previously the Lower needs to be Loading first, then the hands last. Currently your DD is loading everying back at once and unloading everything forward at the same time.

Oct 2, 2017
See how Mookie, is getting the lower going first up front and then letting the hand load last as he makes his forward move. This happens regardless of hitting style, stride, no stride, toe tap, etc. This is all just my opinion. Take with a grain of salt.

Nov 26, 2020
See how Mookie, is getting the lower going first up front and then letting the hand load last as he makes his forward move. This happens regardless of hitting style, stride, no stride, toe tap, etc. This is all just my opinion. Take with a grain of salt.

Got it - we are going to focus on it today and moving forward. Thanks!

Nov 26, 2020
We keep it light and she usually works with a friend rotating to keep it interesting. We just tend to focus more on being technically correct because of the size and weight disparity between her and the other girls her age.

Oct 2, 2017
We keep it light and she usually works with a friend rotating to keep it interesting. We just tend to focus more on being technically correct because of the size and weight disparity between her and the other girls her age.
Good keeping it light! No more than 1 to 2 maybe 3 goal oriented instructions. Well at this age being technical isn't going to allow her to exactly make that huge of a difference, even due to her size and weight. As a matter of fact often you will see at this age, girls with very poor mechanics of all sizes creaming the ball, and players with better mechanics can't even hit the ball out of the infield. That being said I'm not saying its not important. She's very similar in size to my DD.

Oct 2, 2017
Here is something that I'm doing with my own DD that might be beneficial to yours, do front toss, but she is not going to swing. She is going to perform her sequence, Lower half loading first, then the hands last. She will stop at toe touch and hold. . It's called active takes. Her goal is to go though her entire sequence no matter what. She should be doing that anyway on live pitching.

Nov 26, 2020
Here is something that I'm doing with my own DD that might be beneficial to yours, do front toss, but she is not going to swing. She is going to perform her sequence, Lower half loading first, then the hands last. She will stop at toe touch and hold. . It's called active takes. Her goal is to go though her entire sequence no matter what. She should be doing that anyway on live pitching.
Thanks! I'll try it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robertsonwhitney45