Cameron 2010

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Here's the fee together drill. Thanks!

so loading the hands first is a killer to the swing sequence. I would make sure the pelvis advances before the hands work up and back. It lets the core become a force producer.

just tweak the handset in stance to be next to the back shoulder. Watch the hands don’t work up amd back until the stride goes. Kinda like this.

1609727352300.gif

after she gets a good feel for the hands loading later you can tweak her handset to her liking.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2020
I just came back to say we are going to start working on a couple of things tonight. Keeping the hands a little higher, getting the hips going before the hands, and driving the knee (not spinning). Thanks for all of the feedback! We're on a good path.

Nov 26, 2020
I just came back to say we are going to start working on a couple of things tonight. Keeping the hands a little higher, getting the hips going before the hands, and driving the knee (not spinning). Thanks for all of the feedback! We're on a good path.
We'll try again tomorrow - when we were working the lower half she kept pulling up and off the ball at contact.

Nov 18, 2015
This isn't meant to contradict what WW is saying, but if you're doing the Justin Stone Feet Together drill, I believe the starting position is with the hands centered in front of the body. So if you're staring straight ahead, the bat is in front of your nose.

IIRC, the purpose is to exaggerate the feel of the hands working back and up while the lower half works forward.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
This isn't meant to contradict what WW is saying, but if you're doing the Justin Stone Feet Together drill, I believe the starting position is with the hands centered in front of the body. So if you're staring straight ahead, the bat is in front of your nose.

IIRC, the purpose is to exaggerate the feel of the hands working back and up while the lower half works forward.

that’s exactly what I’m saying. 👍

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478