Bruising Hip Help

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 5, 2019
I wish I could say it was but it’s not, she has just developed this on her own while throwing. Ironically she was throwing 80% plus strikes, and most recently lost control. Today was better, it almost seemed like the striking of the hip was some sort of timing issue too. She really rips through hard...

Sep 19, 2018
I know this is small comfort when your child is struggling and frustrated, but you won't have to search very hard to find a list of posts just like yours. "My daughter grew and now everything is out of wack."

Stay positive, stick with it. Good luck.

May 5, 2019
I know this is small comfort when your child is struggling and frustrated, but you won't have to search very hard to find a list of posts just like yours. "My daughter grew and now everything is out of wack."

Stay positive, stick with it. Good luck.
Thanks for the words of encouragement, it pains me to see her hurt and struggle, after putting so much time in. She will get through it, we are just seeking some advice from those who have already walked the path!

Last edited:

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
Have her work on keeping her bicep pointed to the sky at 9:00 and then back toward second base past that point until she goes into release. Right now it's pointed more at third base. If she corrects that issue she should be able to keep the arm in close to get brush without banging her elbow into her hip.

May 5, 2019
Have her work on keeping her bicep pointed to the sky at 9:00 and then back toward second base past that point until she goes into release. Right now it's pointed more at third base. If she corrects that issue she should be able to keep the arm in close to get brush without banging her elbow into her hip.
When you say 9:00 do you mean on the forward part of her arm circle?

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
When you say 9:00 do you mean on the forward part of her arm circle?
If she is right handed, 9:00 refers to the back side of the circle, when her arm is behind her. Another way to think of it is her elbow should be facing down, not first base like we see in the video.

Turning the ball toward second base would be about the worst thing she could do. It should be facing the catcher at the top of the circle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi