Bruising Hip Help

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 8, 2018
Seems how her elbow is tucked more behind the glute than before she grew. Maybe her hips are larger now. That’s good. However her arm motion is the same. Meaning, she lacks internal rotation and deceleration of the upper arm at point of contact. So she is more slamming her elbow into her side vs allowing it to brush or roll around it. My dd did this for awhile. Bruises and pain. Same stuff. It’s hard to watch.
Some mentioned ball up at 9. That’s great but you may find the point of her elbow may jam into her hip bone. She has to learn to internally rotate that upper arm around contact to avoid smashing it into herself.
Lock it in drill focusing solely on IR is what helped us. Then do the same with the 9 o’clock drill focusing only on the IR component.
JMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
May 5, 2019
Seems now her elbow is tucked more behind the flute than before she grew. Maybe her hips are larger now. That’s good. However her arm motion is the same. Meaning, she lacks internal rotation and deceleration of the upper arm at point of contact. So she is more slamming her elbow into her side vs allowing it to brush or roll around it. My dd did this for awhile. Bruises and pain. Same stuff. It’s hard to watch.
Some mentioned ball up at 9. That’s great but you may find the point of her elbow may jam into her hip bone. She has to learn to internally rotate that upper arm around contact to avoid smashing it into herself.
Lock it in drill focusing solely on IR is what helped us. Then do the same with the 9 o’clock drill focusing only on the IR component.
JMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the response! Things are on the mend and she seems to be working through it. Much of it had to do with too much elbow bend at the beginning then some lean too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi