Broken CF6 Vendetta

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 28, 2019
:LOL:

I think I used 4 bats total from the age of 14 through college. No offense but if you have 4 bats you have none..It is amazing that college hitters for sponsored teams are even able to hit since they cannot choose from 25 bats..
How nice for you.

Jun 22, 2019
Let me clear this up, the LXT is a great bat and so is the ghost. Two of my 3 girls swing 2019 LXTs, I like the 2019s better than the 18s, but they are very close. Girls on their teams swing the ghost and they perform great...seem to be very hot out of the wrapper. We have two girls on the team that swing demarinis and one consistently hits bombs (13 yr old on 18U team).

I hit infield with a mizzuno nighthawk someone had and I have to say I think it was just as salty as the other bats I use.

All that to say, Basically all the top bats are capable of producing, but feel is important.

With my three girls, one swings a -8 LXT, one a -10 LXT and the other a -10 Quattro pro all 34s, they all have a different feel, but are capable of hitting the ball over the fence.

You need to have your daughter swing some bats and see which one she likes...at 9, I am not sure how much of the trampoline effect she will get, so a good length, weight and balance/end load will be the more important part of the selection.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Maybe in your area. I’ve never heard any Ghost referred to as the most popular bat in Fastpitch.
Buy whatever you want at this point don’t really care.

If you said the LXT has sold the most all time, I could believe that. The LXT model has been around for a long time. Most in last 12 months? Not a chance it's the LXT.

I will continue to buy what my DD is most confident swinging, as long as she plays on teams where she has that choice. Her power, mechanics, and approach are why she puts balls over fences way, WAY more than the bat in her hands.

Jun 8, 2016
You need to have your daughter swing some bats and see which one she likes...at 9, I am not sure how much of the trampoline effect she will getselection.
At 9 their swing speed is going to be lower than what the manufacturer likely used to design the bat, with regards to the maximizing the trampoline effect, so yes there is probably going to be less of a trampoline effect.

Apr 28, 2019
Let me clear this up, the LXT is a great bat and so is the ghost. Two of my 3 girls swing 2019 LXTs, I like the 2019s better than the 18s, but they are very close. Girls on their teams swing the ghost and they perform great...seem to be very hot out of the wrapper. We have two girls on the team that swing demarinis and one consistently hits bombs (13 yr old on 18U team).

I hit infield with a mizzuno nighthawk someone had and I have to say I think it was just as salty as the other bats I use.

All that to say, Basically all the top bats are capable of producing, but feel is important.

With my three girls, one swings a -8 LXT, one a -10 LXT and the other a -10 Quattro pro all 34s, they all have a different feel, but are capable of hitting the ball over the fence.

You need to have your daughter swing some bats and see which one she likes...at 9, I am not sure how much of the trampoline effect she will get, so a good length, weight and balance/end load will be the more important part of the selection.
I agree. More about feel & sound for me.
I used a 18 Quatro for infield/outfield practice and was very impressed. Lot of easy power compared to the one piece Worth I usually use.
I see lots of Sluggers & Demarini’s with Rawlings and Blue & Gold Ghosts sprinkled in. Lately maybe because their new and hard to miss but lots of 2020 Ghosts being used.

May 20, 2019
Problem is nobody carries 29" bats these days so it's tough to have her swing any. I may just buy her a new 29" Vendetta as I know that bat performs well for her. Hard to pass up the clearance prices on higher end bats right now though ;-)

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
You are correct, speaking store wise...the very small drop11's do not sell well for Ghosts, LXTs, or Xenos.
The big reason is these bats have inner tech, so for them to control the weight, the barrels are much smaller
than a Sprite in the 28/17 and 29/18 size. Even the 30/19s are smaller. And heck, even with that said, the smaller
drop11s in those bats still usually come in a pretty good amount overweight.
Even Mizuno's Power Carbon doesn't even mess around with any drop11 under a 30/19...prob just no point.

I think many stores may have gotten tired of eating the tiny Drop11s, so they just don't stock as much.

I know Easton has come out with a FRZ 2 piece drop12 that supposed to give the Sprite a run for it money
performance wise in testing. But its a drop12.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ODorr