Broken CF6 Vendetta

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Yes she is a very petite 9yo moving to 10u ball this fall. Has great bat speed and hitting very well with the vendetta in spite of a few mechanics issues we are working on. My hesitation in moving up size comes from her diminutive stature. We use regular 11in balls here.

For her age, and being smaller, the LXT -12 is probably a good option at that price. However, keep in mind that many bats don't actually weigh what the sticker says. LS and Easton tend to be over. Demarini tends to be very close. You might actually find a -11 Demarini lighter than a -12 LS.

Generally speaking, we want to trend towards moving them up to a -10 as they grow, but going too big too soon can cause problems with mechanics, performance, and confidence.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2019
I'm a little confused about how you come to the opinion that the LXT is the best. The examples you listed seem to point in a contrary direction.
Well let me clear that up for you EF. The LXT’s we have used 17& 18 are awesome bats. The 19 changed the connection joint so not sure it is as good as previous models. The examples I listed speak for themselves. Not everybody has the same expectations and experiences. I expect good pop, virtually no negative feedback, & good durability. The 19 gets mostly very good reviews other than the drop 12. The 2020 reviews are also good thus far.
Best bats we have used:
1) 2017/2018 LXT
2) 2017, 18, 19 Xeno
3) 2019 Rocketech
4) 2018 ASA Ghost
5) 2018 PXT
6) 2017 Stealth Flex
7) 2018 Quatro
8) 2018 Velo
9) 2016 Mako
10) 2018 Stealth Flex

I

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Well let me clear that up for you EF. The LXT’s we have used 17& 18 are awesome bats. The 19 changed the connection joint so not sure it is as good as previous models. The examples I listed speak for themselves. Not everybody has the same expectations and experiences. I expect good pop, virtually no negative feedback, & good durability. The 19 gets mostly very good reviews other than the drop 12. The 2020 reviews are also good thus far.
Best bats we have used:
1) 2017/2018 LXT
2) 2017, 18, 19 Xeno
3) 2019 Rocketech
4) 2018 ASA Ghost
5) 2018 PXT
6) 2017 Stealth Flex
7) 2018 Quatro
8) 2018 Velo
9) 2016 Mako
10) 2018 Stealth Flex

I

You have ranked the 17-18 LXT in first place, but your DD's have/want Ghosts. How did you determine that the LXT is the "best"? From what you've said, the ball players in your house don't even agree. What you might consider is that the best bat for any player is the one she is most confident with when she steps into the box against a tough pitcher.

Apr 28, 2019
You have ranked the 17-18 LXT in first place, but your DD's have/want Ghosts. How did you determine that the LXT is the "best"? From what you've said, the ball players in your house don't even agree. What you might consider is that the best bat for any player is the one she is most confident with when she steps into the box against a tough pitcher.
Both daughters do better with LXT’s & Xeno’s. My 13U playing 18U uses the Ghost a lot for BP. She likes the loud sound and pop when she manages to square it up. Not sure if it’s the endloaded nature but she just isn’t able to square it up consistently like she does with Sluggers. It’s not for lack of trying. My less experienced daughter doesn’t like the Ghost and won’t use it.
I think it’s really a monkey see monkey do thing. Several girls on a team she was guesting with this year got the 2020 Ghosts. Same thing happened last year with Stealth after a team demo.
I try to take D to a field on the Thursday before a tourney for some quality hitting drills and live pitching. We bring most of the bats listed above. She takes the top four to the tourney.
The Ghost has never been #1 bat performance wise after the competition. Just not as consistent as Sluggers.
My other DD wants the 19 LXT. She is getting the 20 LXT.
Found the 2020 LXT with warranty for $229. Same price as 2019 model. No brainer.
Basically EF the “Best Bat” is the one that suits the masses. Sales dictate what is best/most popular bat. Not everybody agrees but numbers are numbers.
When I asked a few bat dealers like Max from Closeout Bats what 2020 bat would you buy if you could only buy one bat. The majority said 2020 LXT.
Why? Proven track record of performance and durability.

Jun 8, 2016
I try to take D to a field on the Thursday before a tourney for some quality hitting drills and live pitching. We bring most of the bats listed above. She takes the top four to the tourney.
:LOL:

I think I used 4 bats total from the age of 14 through college. No offense but if you have 4 bats you have none..It is amazing that college hitters for sponsored teams are even able to hit since they cannot choose from 25 bats..

Last edited:
May 24, 2013
So Cal
Basically EF the “Best Bat” is the one that suits the masses. Sales dictate what is best/most popular bat. Not everybody agrees but numbers are numbers.

I have a REALLY hard time buying this one since the Ghost is BY FAR the most popular bat out on the fields right now. At the moment, it's really not even close - except with teams that require their players to use a certain bat.

Apr 28, 2019
I have a REALLY hard time buying this one since the Ghost is BY FAR the most popular bat out on the fields right now. At the moment, it's really not even close - except with teams that require their players to use a certain bat.
Maybe in your area. I’ve never heard any Ghost referred to as the most popular bat in Fastpitch.
Buy whatever you want at this point don’t really care.

Jun 8, 2016
Maybe in your area. I’ve never heard any Ghost referred to as the most popular bat in Fastpitch.
Buy whatever you want at this point don’t really care.
Sounds you have taken the whole buy whatever you want to a whole new level considering your DD is choosing 4 bats from what, 6,7 bats?? That is nuts..sorry.

Jun 8, 2016
Take your shoes off.
They are off..I am getting ready for bed.

Post your kids swing, maybe the fine people here on DFP can get your super duper athletic, gun for an arm DD to a point where she doesn't need 10 bats.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sbcoach26