Best way to transport a composite bat

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
We have flown with my DD's composite bats on several occasions without any apparent adverse effects. Just allow enough time for the bat to return to ambient temperature before your DD uses it. Either save the shipping box or get a piece of luggage or bat bag that you can check with the bat in it.

longball00

Softball is my obsession
Apr 8, 2014
Willoughby, Ohio
We packed 3 Xeno's in my travel duffel bag that we checked in when we went to PGF in Huntington Beach this year. I put them in between the clothes to help protect them. The only issue we had with doing this, is the friggen airline lost my luggage, and we didn't get them until the day after we arrived. Huge headache.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
We packed 3 Xeno's in my travel duffel bag that we checked in when we went to PGF in Huntington Beach this year. I put them in between the clothes to help protect them. The only issue we had with doing this, is the friggen airline lost my luggage, and we didn't get them until the day after we arrived. Huge headache.

Lost luggage is why we always pack DD's glove and uniform in our carry on bags. She can borrow a bat or we can buy a new one, but a broken in glove and uniforms are tough to come by on short notice!

longball00

Softball is my obsession
Apr 8, 2014
Willoughby, Ohio
Lost luggage is why we always pack DD's glove and uniform in our carry on bags. She can borrow a bat or we can buy a new one, but a broken in glove and uniforms are tough to come by on short notice!

We did the same with Glove, Uniform, etc. Problem is, no one on our team swung the same size as her. For a second, i had the baggage Manager ready to buy 3 new ones until he discovered how much they were LOL. They did bend over backwards to find them and get them to our hotel on time, so have to give them props there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors