Best portable pitching mat to avoid any more indoor hard-floors?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 7, 2011
DD's lower back is starting to act up this year and I bet it is all the indoor hard-floor surface she has been on.

Anyone recommend a good portable mat with shock absorbtion?

Jul 26, 2010
The club K mats are a bit softer then the turf/Finch models.

Check her shoes too. Athletic shoes have a very short lifespan when they're used hard hours a day. They may appear cosmetically fine but the cushion will be shot. I've seen kids try to use chucks or keds which have no arch support and I don't let them practice until they have proper shoes.

-W

Dec 11, 2010
Check her shoes out.

One of my dd's had a lot of foot pain from wearing nike shoes during the court sport season. This went on two years. Changed her to Adidas and nearly immediately had no more probs. Got that tip from a shoe clerk who played bb. She tried to lead us to the Nike rack until I told her about the pain. She said she had much better luck with the Adidas....

Feb 5, 2010
RB,
They are talking about 40s this week LOL Spring can't get here soon enough. DD had issues every year when we would get indoors even with a mat and good shoes. Turns out that it was a mechanical issue that after changing cleared everything up. No lower back soreness any more.

Dec 7, 2011
Got back from the Ortho today - GREAT thing is that it's nothing in the bones. DD just has too much misalignment from all the pitching and hitting AND not enough core strength (which is weird cuz DD works out hard).

I think others have stated it here and this falls under that category - If you are a pitcher you CAN NOT do enough core workout (but make sure you are doing the RIGHT core workout). Get to the point where you can lift a house with the pelvic tilts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877