Belly button ring?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 6, 2013
Hahaha - I got my belly button pierced at age 42 and totally rocked it! However, I don’t walk around in cutoff shirts that bare my midriff. I also do not have a tramp stamp (terrible name for a pierce of art, btw). I have 3 tattoos and all have very special meanings behind them. One I actually drew the template for.

8 tats here and one IS a tramp stamp and I love it 🤷‍♀️. I have had the belly button pierced but it didn’t work out for me. I am not one to have “meaning” attached to my tattoos either - some do and some I just loved the art and wanted it. Got my first tattoo at the age of 18 and now at 46 that’s one tat added every 3.5 years. I’m mostly normal otherwise 😉😜

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Jake-Hurlin.jpg

Jake got a tattoo on her right bicep while at Chipola. Called me before and asked me to pay for it. Answer was "Hell No!". She said it was a bible verse. "She is clothed in strength and dignity, and laughs without fear of the future". Well played Jake. Well played. Gladly paid for that one and another after she won the NJCAA National Championship.

May 27, 2013
8 tats here and one IS a tramp stamp and I love it 🤷‍♀️. I have had the belly button pierced but it didn’t work out for me. I am not one to have “meaning” attached to my tattoos either - some do and some I just loved the art and wanted it. Got my first tattoo at the age of 18 and now at 46 that’s one tat added every 3.5 years. I’m mostly normal otherwise 😉😜
I, personally, like the look of tattoos on the lower back. I’ve seen some very beautiful pieces - hence the reason why I mentioned it’s a terrible name for a piece of art. Not sure why that name for that location even came about.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
Ok, anyone's DD have a belly button ring? Mine is lobbying for one, my reply has been "no" for safety reasons.

I got a belly ring in October of 2019. I always liked them and had wanted one since I was like 15 but my parents always told me that I couldn't. Not only that, but I couldn't because I was either playing softball, field hockey or was involved in cheerleading. Now that i'm over 18, and am able to pay for this kind of thing on my own, I've gotten a few piercings and two tattoos since I started college. My last piercings I got with my mom along was my forward helix piercings. I now sport three in each earlobe, three helix in my left ear and two in my right, tragus in my right, one forward helix in my left and two in my right, an industrial in my left (since retired because it got so irritated and infected because of wearing my catcher's mask and batting helmet), left nostril, belly button and a just for me piercing. My two tattoos are a group of stars across the underside of my right wrist that I got with some teammates right before winter break last year and we all got our college mascot on our left shoulderblade. My parents were not happy when I came in the house and they say my nose piercing (started with a little diamond but has since been changed out for a little black hoop) and my belly button piercing. They went through the roof when they found out I got tattooed. But they said there wasn't much they could do now that I'm 18. I still have the itch to get more.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
Yes both my DD’s were begging for one this Spring. They were told this is their one and only piercing other than ears.
It does take a while to heal and I have heard them say on occasion there not diving for any balls due to piercing.
But honestly no big deal from what I have seen.

I know all about that with diving for balls with a fresh navel piercing. Not fun. Luckily, I didn't have many issues with mine since I kept it bandaged when at practice.

Oct 24, 2019
My DD got one when she was 16. Other than a small issue with some irritation after placement.(mostly due to her not following the antiseptic directions) she had no issue. She’s a pitcher as well so lots of movement while playing.

Mar 6, 2018
I do not think I would have to much of an issue with it at the moment. I will say, I am going to sound like a prude, but more so dealing with a crazy outfielder that I raised. Being a product of the 80’s and still recovering from that 35 years later. My kiddo is a bit defiant and a crazy teenager. Wanted to get her ears pierced with a second hole, wife said she would take her to have it done when she turned 14, well wife forgot daughter did not. So, she goes old school in the bathroom with a needle and bam, new holes. A few months ago picked her up from varsity practice, I notice something new. She has decided to pierce her cartilage, so I lost my let’s just say sh#t. Not so much that it is a big deal, she just does with no concern. Being 16 now it is all about the now and not the later. We have had some other craziness to deal with, whole other conversation. Love her aggressive attitude, but let’s just say the window is screwed shut. Gotta love these teenage years!!!!

Last edited:

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
I do not think I would have to much of an issue with it at the moment. I will say, I am going to sound like a prude, but more so dealing with a crazy outfielder that I raised. Being a product of the 80’s and still recovering from that 35 years later. My kiddo is a bit defiant and a crazy teenager. Wanted to get her ears pierced with a second hole, wife said she would take her to have it done when she turned 14, well wife forgot daughter did not. So, she goes old school in the bathroom with a needle and bam, new holes. A few months ago picked her up from varsity practice, I notice something new. She has decided to pierce her cartilage, so I lost my let’s just say sh#t. Not so much that it is a big deal, she just does with no concern. Being 16 now it is all about the now and not the later. We have had some other craziness to deal with, whole other conversation. Love her aggressive attitude, but let’s just say the window is screwed shut. Gotta love these teenage years!!!!

My parents can be somewhat prudish. I know a little bit about that, lol. My mom was the first one to notice my nose and navel piercings when I came home from college during winter break in '19. She didn't say a whole lot but I could tell she didn't like it. I really didn't do a whole lot to try to hide it either because of how I sleep. My dad hates my new additions. I think they lost it more when I came home in March with my "special" piercings and two tattoos. Then again, I waited until I could make those decisions on my own and could pay for them myself before I got them.

Mar 6, 2018
My parents can be somewhat prudish. I know a little bit about that, lol. My mom was the first one to notice my nose and navel piercings when I came home from college during winter break in '19. She didn't say a whole lot but I could tell she didn't like it. I really didn't do a whole lot to try to hide it either because of how I sleep. My dad hates my new additions. I think they lost it more when I came home in March with my "special" piercings and two tattoos. Then again, I waited until I could make those decisions on my own and could pay for them myself before I got them.
As an old dude I have to get with the times. LOL, just never know what to expect. One day I think of the movie Mr. Brooks when his daughter is standing over him with a shiny new pair of scissors and the next she is a sweet little angel. But most of the time gotta go with Mr. Brooks and wish I had hidden the scissors!

Nov 15, 2019
Also, I know this is not the topic of this thread but just a PSA - if your (general you) dd is seriously considering a tattoo, please be sure to explain to her that even in this day and age, some future places of employment would frown highly upon ones that are visible and can’t be covered up by clothing. Not something that should be visible during an interview.

My daughter came home from college last year with a tattoo on her forearm. It's a bible verse, but I wasn't happy about the placement of it. She's in nursing school now and they require her to wear long sleeves under her scrubs to cover up her tattoo.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma