Belly button ring?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 27, 2013
It’s interesting to see what some people tend to focus on. I see teenage girls of friends of mine posting selfies of themselves on social media in very revealing clothing or bikinis for the world to see and their parents take no issue with that but a piercing that will typically be covered up for the most part will cause the same parents to say something. I wonder why? What negative connotation does the piercing imply?

Just for the record, neither cause me to think twice. Again, the issue lies with the person who passes judgment.

May 27, 2013
Funny thing is while at work I am perhaps the most professional person you could meet. My patients love me and I provide excellent care. Makes me giggle to think that some might think twice if they knew I had a piercing or tattoos.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
I had my 2nd stroke last year and lost my entire right side. While in the hospital, I had several nurses that were wearing long sleeves but I could tell they had tats. Heck, one nurse even had a tat of Han Solo on the back of one hand and Luke Skywalker on the back of the other. Upon asking, she told me she had sleeves (which I saw) and almost 80% of her entire body was covered (which I didn't see). One of the best nurses I ever had ( and I've spent a lot of time there due to my own stupidity). With her encouragement and 4 months of extremely hard work on my part, I may never run or throw a ball again, but I'm about 80% of what I was and most people can't tell I even had a stroke. Plus, I can still coach which I do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619