Belly button ring?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 22, 2017
I got my belly button pierced at 44 with my 14 year old right after her team came in second at ASA nationals (very special as team was all first year 14u). It was a hopeful trade off for limiting future facial piercings, major tatoos, drinking, unplanned pregnancy ect. She had a 90% ride at a mid major and got a nose piercing her first year (ugh, but had to take it out when she had an MRI for a softball injury and it closed LOL). Now she is 31, married, working, and pregnant with her first child. She has pierced an ear cartilage or two (I actually let her do one when she was 10 years old), and has 3 very small tatoos all obtained after she turned 18. I never had any major issues with her re: school grades, unplanned pregnancies, drinking ect. I like to think it was because I let her have some freedom when she wanted but with limitations I wanted.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Just so ya know. I got my left ear pierced the very first day of me getting on college campus in the fall of '88. At Walmart! I have two holes on the same ear and they are both serviceable if I feel like sporting some hoops.

Oct 15, 2013
Seattle, WA
My DD just turned 17. She was telling me how excited she was to turn 18 next year because she would be able to vote, get a tattoo or piercing without permission etc. I responded that at 18 she could also be thrown out of the house.

Apr 28, 2014
Hey, as long as piercings, gages and tattoos don't make ya look trashy, that is if anyone cares how they're perceived anymore. Not sure they do or it matters.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
My DD just turned 17. She was telling me how excited she was to turn 18 next year because she would be able to vote, get a tattoo or piercing without permission etc. I responded that at 18 she could also be thrown out of the house.

I voted in the election. I guess my vote really didn't matter, anyway. :(

Hey, as long as piercings, gages and tattoos don't make ya look trashy, that is if anyone cares how they're perceived anymore. Not sure they do or it matters.

I agree with this. I always felt someone with too many piercings or tattoos or too big of holes in their lobes just doesn't look right.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
DD, a Catcher, has more than several holes in one ear including an ear bar, three in the other ear, a belly button piercing and 6 tattoos. She's gathered most of the piercings from age 14-18 with the belly button piercing being at age 14. She never had an issue with it bothering her while playing. Her first tattoo was a matching one with DW at age 16. It was a reward for hitting her 75th career HR. The next one was age 18 for her birthday and the rest she got at college.

Jun 8, 2016
My sister got a tatoo on her upper back right before I got married (she was 29). Nobody knew until my Mom saw it the day of the wedding when she saw it when she was wearing her bridesmaid's dress..my Mom wasn't too happy :LOL:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish