Belly button ring?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Screenshot_2020-12-24-06-18-30-1.png
i cheer for diversity,
its a CHEER FOR EVERYONE !

Was dating someone who had a group of friends who were very normal :) no extra body garnishes, bland wardrobes.
Called them 'the vanilla group'.
On one of their group vacations they had hats made with a VG logo!!

Apr 28, 2014
No offense, but I typically try and get to know someone before I make any judgements.. 🤷‍♂️
Of course in my case after I do this 99% of the time I decide I don't like them :p
You're a special person, we all know that.
Not everyone is, hence your specialty.

Jun 8, 2016
You're a special person, we all know that.
Not everyone is, hence your specialty.
I would hope most people take the time to get know somebody before they
decide they don't like them..not sure that makes me special but thanks for the compliment.

I guess I rub you the wrong way or something since you keep repeating the same theme over and over again. If what I write bothers you so much block me.

Apr 28, 2014
I would hope most people take the time to get know somebody before they
decide they don't like them..not sure that makes me special but thanks for the compliment.

I guess I rub you the wrong way or something since you keep repeating the same theme over and over again. If what I write bothers you so much block me.
Na. Just having some fun you don't rub me wrong at all.
We all hope people get to know others before making a decision. We know however that its not the case. Reason people were told for years to hide tattoos during job interviews. Right or wrong its perception. I couldn't care less what people do to their bodies. That's their choice but with that choice comes the scrutiny of others and that's the other people's right, no matter if we like it or not.

Jun 8, 2016
That's their choice but with that choice comes the scrutiny of others and that's the other people's right, no matter if we like it or not.
Of course it is their right and most people (including me) will make a pre-judgement (e.g. before they get to know them) whether conscious or not, I agree with that. It is human nature. But the question is do you want to work for/date/be friends with somebody who doesn't have the intellectual capability to overcome this pre-judgement and first get to know somebody before deciding whether or not they are what they are looking for in an employee/significant other/etc? I mean I am ugly as sin but my wife was able to overlook that when I displayed my endless charm...

Apr 28, 2014
Of course it is their right and most people (including me) will make a pre-judgement (e.g. before they get to know them) whether conscious or not, I agree with that. It is human nature. But the question is do you want to work for/date/be friends with somebody who doesn't have the intellectual capability to overcome this pre-judgement and first get to know somebody before deciding whether or not they are what they are looking for (as an employee, significant other, etc)?
Agree and I worked for a large retailer who for years wouldn't allow visible tattoos. I thought it was a joke as it was a fashion brand. I fought for 5 years to have that policy changed and fortunately it was modified. Even years after I still had to convince people at the executive level to look past body art during the hiring process.
My only point in this whole thread is that people make judgments about others based on body art. We can all hate them for it but if we think they don't were not being truthful. I steer my kids away because I want them to have every advantage and not self eliminate over something so minor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish