Batting helmet visibility

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 16, 2016
Illinois
Rip-It helmet with mask is the best choice IMO, unless you can find the helmet and mask ULL uses. I wish I knew what they were..........
maxresdefault.jpg

If anyone finds out what helmet and mask that is I would like to know also. Wonder if the mask has been modified.

Nov 25, 2012
USA
Before Rip-It had their own helmets we used to get Worth's, ditch the mask and put a Rip-It on it.

We did the same Riseball! TB team just switched sponsors and somehow ended up with Schutts again although Under Armour is official sponsor. Not sure how much I like it as we have been with Mizuno for years. Anyway, in years past we would pull the facemask off and put on a Rip-it. We may try to do it again.

Dec 11, 2010
Rip-it is the helmet to beat IMHO. Although dd just got a new version Schutte. Not bad. Problem with every company but Rip-it is it looks like the football design team did the mask. And people, let's design it to keep 11 or 12" softballs out, not golf balls. And it needs to deflect a softball 1-15 times a year max not 10,000 times at 70mph on an immovable test dummy.

May 23, 2015
Rip-It helmet with mask is the best choice IMO, unless you can find the helmet and mask ULL uses. I wish I knew what they were..........
maxresdefault.jpg

Cajun engineering. Use a Dremel to cut theach top bar off. Agreed with rip it helmets. Their wire is very thin

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I would suggest having your DD try on a lot of different helmets to find one that she likes, but be careful as most TB and HS teams provide matching helmets for their players. If you are handy with a screwdriver and maybe a drill, you can change out the facemask on most helmets to one your DD likes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877