Batting Helmet? Looking for something with a bigger opening to see through.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 27, 2021
Lots of safety equipment is designed with a level of redundancy, off label use and misuse.

Lots of users/buyers don't read or scrutinize owners manuals and labels.

T-ball.... no face protection

Baseball (LL to MLB)....no face protection

Youth Fastpitch Softball....face protection

College and Olympic Fastpitch Softball..... no face protection yet a lot do

May 29, 2015
I believe they're out of the softball/baseball business now and focusing on football.

I had heard that same speculation, that Schutt would focus on football and all baseball/softball would shift to the Adams brand.

However, from everything that I am finding, they’ve been acquired for liquidation in parts. Rawlings acquired Hollywood Bases last year, but that seems to be the end of what I can find.

Edit: Certor Sports appears to have acquired the Schutt brand.

Last edited:

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I had heard that same speculation, that Schutt would focus on football and all baseball/softball would shift to the Adams brand.

However, from everything that I am finding, they’ve been acquired for liquidation in parts. Rawlings acquired Hollywood Bases last year, but that seems to be the end of what I can find.
It appears they've shifted their baseball equipment to Tucci brands. Screenshot_20230710_205750_Brave.jpg

Jun 8, 2016
I don’t even know what brand helmet DD wears nevermind whether the opening is too small…😂

May 29, 2015
@LEsoftballdad , I was just coming back to post that. Thank you!

So, the investment company that bought them created a new company, Certor Sports, to consolidate and reorganize their technologies, products, etc.

Certor operates three brands: Vicis, Schutt, and Tucci. Vicis and Schutt both appear to be football helmets (though Vicis is exclusively helmets while Schutt still does pads) so that is confusing.

I saw some umpire gear or something labeled with Tucci a few months back and didn't recognize the brand. I figured it was some cheap off-brand stuff. Guess not! (Or maybe ...) More edits: Tucci launched around 2009 as Tucci Lumber Co. and made wooden bats.

Adams is still listed under the "Who we are" section of their website, but not listed as a brand like the others.

Sources: https://sgbonline.com/schutt-sports-parent-files-for-liquidition/

Last edited:

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
@LEsoftballdad , I was just coming back to post that. Thank you!

So, the investment company that bought them created a new company, Certor Sports, to consolidate and reorganize their technologies, products, etc.

Certor operates three brands: Vicis, Schutt, and Tucci. Vicis and Schutt both appear to be football helmets (though Vicis is exclusively helmets while Schutt still does pads) so that is confusing.

I saw some umpire gear or something labeled with Tucci a few months back and didn't recognize the brand. I figured it was some cheap off-brand stuff. Guess not! (Or maybe ...) More edits: Tucci launched around 2009 as Tucci Lumber Co. and made wooden bats.

Adams is still listed under the "Who we are" section of their website, but not listed as a brand like the others.

Sources: https://sgbonline.com/schutt-sports-parent-files-for-liquidition/
I saw that Tucci has a line of baseball bats. Personally, I've never sold one, but that doesn't mean they're not out there. The old 5.6 Air Maxx were great softball helmets, and the customer catcher's helmet was my daughter's favorite. They even had replacement pads you could use as the girls got bigger. No one else ever did that.

May 29, 2015
I saw that Tucci has a line of baseball bats. Personally, I've never sold one, but that doesn't mean they're not out there. The old 5.6 Air Maxx were great softball helmets, and the customer catcher's helmet was my daughter's favorite. They even had replacement pads you could use as the girls got bigger. No one else ever did that.

... and wooden softball bats.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles