Evoshield Batting Helmet - How to make the helmet fit better?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 22, 2022
Hi everyone! Our 10U team wears Evoshield batting helmets. One of our athletes is smaller and the helmet bobs up and down on her head. Is there anything we can do to make the helmet fit tighter? I know there are chin straps, but are there other things we can do to make the helmet fit better?

Oct 26, 2019
Hi everyone! Our 10U team wears Evoshield batting helmets. One of our athletes is smaller and the helmet bobs up and down on her head. Is there anything we can do to make the helmet fit tighter? I know there are chin straps, but are there other things we can do to make the helmet fit better?
Not trying to be funny but can you just get her another brand helmet that fits? Or does Evoshield make a smaller size? It’s 10U so I gotta think one girl wearing another brand isn’t a big deal.

Jan 22, 2022
Not trying to be funny but can you just get her another brand helmet that fits? Or does Evoshield make a smaller size? It’s 10U so I gotta think one girl wearing another brand isn’t a big deal.
I appreciate that. We actually used to wear different brands, but last year starting wear identical batting helmets with team logos and numbers for the athletes.

Dec 2, 2019
My small 10yo has the same problem with evoshield. I bought some padding at Dick's for $15 to try and tighten up. The problem is the factory padding in the evoshield has too much give. It drives me crazy watching her run and holding on to her facemask to keep her helmet on.

Nov 18, 2022
We tried the extra padding when she was younger and it never stayed in place- she ended up just wearing a sun visor under her helmet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 2, 2019
We tried the extra padding when she was younger and it never stayed in place- she ended up just wearing a sun visor under her helmet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I never thought of that, I will try that if the padding falls out

Dec 19, 2021
We have the same issue, but it is with my older kid (18u) wearing their smallest 'youth' size! We use a padding kit and after almost 2 years it is still working. I may have had to replace 1 pad? I have had to reattach the factory ear pads on both DDs helmets though.

Add: Do you have the XVT or thr XVT2? DDs team just got new XVT2s and the M/L size fits about the same as the old youth size. I have always wondered if the old ones were Men's sizes. 🤔

AthleticSupporter

Data-Driven Coach
Nov 10, 2021
SoCal
We tried the padding kits, too, but found that they didn't stay in place for long. What ended up working best for my daughter was wearing a beanie (not the modern skull cap guys wear, but the classic knit style we wore as kids that have more material and a pom on top). I am in no way endorsing this "solution," but it was the most effective fix we tried that would keep both her catcher's and batting helmets from covering her eyes back in 8u.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles