Bat Path

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 3, 2014
IMO to get your hands flat like JDM was illustrating you actually have to fight the forearms from rotating. Keeping the hands/wrists in radial deviation (cocked) in the goal.

May 3, 2014
@Buttermaker ,

Told ya.... Lol! I have been trying to move beyond this nonsense for a long time, but some of your new buddies just won't let it die. It consumes them. What a shame...
Which nonsense? What part of that post is offensive? I agree the patterns don't blend. I agree they both work.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Which nonsense? What part of that post is offensive? I agree the patterns don't blend. I agree they both work.

We were having a solid discussion and then he had to throw in the same old garbage... Wouldn't it be easier to repost everything that we have typed over the last 7 years? Oh wait, that's what we are doing. My bad...

May 3, 2014
Lol, I guess it's no different than be chastised about how muscles actually work when a good majority of the time the conversations are about the feels. I feel the obliques go first. I don't want my hips turning first, but how many times in the last week or so I am getting replies telling me that isn't how the body works...

Maybe I am better off in the practical forum...

May 3, 2014
Back to the current - forearms fighting rotation. Keeping the wrists in RD.

Using the obliques to go first so the hands/forearms don't FEEL like they need to rotate to get on plane. Length in zone is the result.

Or it's using the hands to fight to stay in RD so maybe the body learns to turn using the obliques first to help get on plane?

May 3, 2014
Would've loved to see the Yelich/Bonds BP session hitting ball off the plate. RD or forearm rotation getting that done? My bet is RD. And my bet is that Yelich was prob too much rotation.

Apr 11, 2015
Are these common factors?

- Creating the Proper Baseball Bat Path
Not always "common' for some, but most definitely correct factors when it comes to actually applying them to swinging a bat.

Ya know, I should just go through all of Matt's videos, and create an index list of their topics for myself...then save myself a ton of time and energy, and just post the appropriate one as my reply to the often odd stuff that gets posted here and elsewhere.

Because as I mentioned in another topic, "I've yet to see an Antonelli video that I didn't agree with...", and this one I've seen before is no different. (y)

Last edited:

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Are these common factors?

- Creating the Proper Baseball Bat Path

Yep, again he's missing.. His swing down (that he was taught) didn't work because he was abaf.. One should not need to force any kind of pull back to get on plane and get behind the ball.

QIHL4l1.gif

Teach the fyb leveraged position and the swing down will work while staying in the zone longer.

dxM8tbE.gif

k4xI3PF.gif

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
Yep, again he's missing.. His swing down (that he was taught) didn't work because he was abaf.. One should not need to force any kind of pull back to get on plane and get behind the ball.

QIHL4l1.gif

Teach the fyb leveraged position and the swing down will work while staying in the zone longer.

dxM8tbE.gif

k4xI3PF.gif
Glad that works for you. Go get em (y)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi