Bat Path

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
See, I can agree with this also, but aren't your "hips" technically "your middle"?

If the acetabulum is "the bottom of the top", and the femoral head is "the top of the bottom", doesn't that make the "hip" the two combined make up...right in the "middle" of the "top" and the "bottom"?

depends on who you ask. Are teaching an anatomy class or a swing? Would it be better to refer to the hips as the middle? Probably not bc then you would have to tell them to move from the upper and get strong shoulder pull off. Know what I mean? Nice try though. Ha. Always trying to move the goal posts.

Apr 11, 2015
depends on who you ask.
I'm asking you...what's "the middle" that you believe hitters start whatever move you're talking about from?

Are teaching an anatomy class or a swing?
You tell me, this is the "Technical" forum wrt "Softball Hitting", and you did ask that, "does Miggy open his lower half or hips to swing? Uh-oh. Move from the middle".

So I'm just asking if the hips are not in "the middle"...then what's "the middle" as you define it to be so I can better answer your question.

Would it be better to refer to the hips as the middle?
Idk, I have no idea what it is you think "the middle" is supposed to be.

Probably not bc then you would have to tell them to move from the upper and get strong shoulder pull off. Know what I mean?
No, not at all...because you've never defined what "the middle" is, so I have no idea how it applies to anything else you might be talking about.

Nice try though. Ha. Always trying to move the goal posts.
What goal posts? I asked you to define a term you're using, and in all of your subsequent posts...your only "Nice try" has been to dance around all over the place, w/o ever answering the question.

So what's "the middle" that you think hitters should "Move from..." if it's not "the hips" as Antobelli states in his video?

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Swing down using the obliques against extending hips and the path has a chance of matching what the greats say and do.

k4xI3PF.gif

uDHFqW2.gif

S13Ir1p.gif

yrDZtmK.gif

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I'm asking you...what's "the middle" that you believe hitters start whatever move you're talking about from?

You tell me, this is the "Technical" forum wrt "Softball Hitting", and you did ask that, "does Miggy open his lower half or hips to swing? Uh-oh. Move from the middle".

So I'm just asking if the hips are not in "the middle"...then what's "the middle" as you define it to be so I can better answer your question.

Idk, I have no idea what it is you think "the middle" is supposed to be.

No, not at all...because you've never defined what "the middle" is, so I have no idea how it applies to anything else you might be talking about.

What goal posts? I asked you to define a term you're using, and in all of your subsequent posts...your only "Nice try" has been to dance around all over the place, w/o ever answering the question.

So what's "the middle" that you think hitters should "Move from..." if it's not "the hips" as Antobelli states in his video?

Lies ! We have went over this before. You act like I haven’t explained it before to you. That’s why you’re moving the goal posts, you want to discredit. You’ve been accused many times of this, and not by me right? Let’s be honest.

when and if you want to have an honest discussion. I’ll be around. Until then play your games with someone else.

May 3, 2014
Move the area around your belly button first.
See, I can agree with this also, but aren't your "hips" technically "your middle"?

If the acetabulum is "the bottom of the top", and the femoral head is "the top of the bottom", doesn't that make the "hip" the two combined make up...right in the "middle" of the "top" and the "bottom"?
Doesn't sound like you agree.

Can you make your belt loops turn first if you are moving the ToB first? Or is the BoT that moves the belt loops.

Can you create hip extension if the BoT moves while the ToB stays put?

This question?

Apr 11, 2015
Lies ! We have went over this before. You act like I haven’t explained it before to you. That’s why you’re moving the goal posts, you want to discredit. You’ve been accused many times of this, and not by me right? Let’s be honest.

when and if you want to have an honest discussion. I’ll be around. Until then play your games with someone else.
You originally quoted me with more of your nonsense, I merely asked a simply question...that you've continued to fail to answer with all of your subsequent twists, turns, and wigglings trying to un-dig yourself the deepening you keep shoveling yourself (and by proxy the others who also seen to be avoid the same simple question).

But that's OK, I understand, you're not the first to do this to themselves...
4140sDA5owL._SX355_.jpg

You know where to find me if you ever figure out what's being asked of you, or how to answer simple questions intelligently w/o trying to divert or throw tantrums.

In the meantime, I'll look to Antobelli and others to get factual information wrt swinging a bat, and not the pseudoscience nonsense you and your crew continue to make up.

Apr 11, 2015
Move the area around your belly button first.
OK, so your "belly button" is "the middle" that you, and the crew are talking about. Thank you.

Doesn't sound like you agree.
Not now after you statement now reads..."Get your lead foot down for leverage then turn your "belly button" first"....because that's an all upper body driven swing (anatomically and kinetically speaking), but if that's the "feel" you're after or teach to your players...far be it from me to say you should do it or say it differently.

In fact, I've heard "turn your belly button to the ball" from back in my playing days, and I'm sure it helped for some of my fellow teammates. It just wasn't/isn't something I do or teach, after watching video of the best much more "technical" manner now.

May 3, 2014
OK, so your "belly button" is "the middle" that you, and the crew are talking about. Thank you.

Not now after you statement now reads..."Get your lead foot down for leverage then turn your "belly button" first"....because that's an all upper body driven swing (anatomically and kinetically speaking), but if that's the "feel" you're after or teach to your players...far be it from me to say you should do it or say it differently.

In fact, I've heard "turn your belly button to the ball" from back in my playing days, and I'm sure it helped for some of my fellow teammates. It just wasn't/isn't something I do or teach, after watching video of the best much more "technical" manner now.
This is a real problem you have. Where did I say turn the BB first. Go back and re read the stuff I have posted lately. Nice try, though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi