Bat Path

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Stanton has no choice to rotate his forearms to get the barrel around. Pujols is just being very direct. Is the difference in their front arms just a result of their intentions?

I think it is a mechanical difference. Pujols does a better job of maintaining angles. As a result his arms (both of them) behave differently. His front shoulder tells me a lot. If Stanton wasn't such a freak athlete I doubt he would have made it as far as he has.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
When I was in college I weighed 195. I would bench 315 (worked out at 225) and squat 495 (worked out at 405). As you were working daily, did you ever focus on breathing pattern and/or core contractions? The reason I brought this up is I am curious if the contraction I used during heavy lifting is at all similar to what the core posse is talking about.

I think it is similar. For example 240 was my max on the bench. The entire body would stabilize, core, in preparation to lift. I’ve heard it called “tonus”, where everything is pre selected too create the movement, what and when the muscles contract.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Stanton hands/barrel collapse into his body a little. Hands come forward. A hint of bat drag or disconnection.

Pujols on the other hand creates a better change of direction, hands remain back.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
At some point folks need to recognize the pattern differences (cause/effect ) vs blend everything into one pattern.. They both work so why debate it !!

cFnROQQ.gif

vah2fp1.gif

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Geez, you OK Butter, I’m beginning to worry about you with you starting to lash out with such vitriol all of a sudden. You're starting to sound like that other HI guy when he can't explain wth he's talking about, and can only resort to name-calling that's so unbecoming of the two of you.

Sadly, first it was at TDS just less than two short weeks ago when you went after him on multiple occasions....

I wasn't the only one noticing it either btw...

Then suddenly, out of the blue I guess because you were bored….you decided to head back down the old “c/c/c” road I helped you dig yourself out of years ago (yep still have the PMs) when it lead you into a ditch…

Which I guess is your latest epiphany of this month, so best of luck to you with it.

Oh, and if you and the others haven’t noticed...I’ve not been quoting any of the oblique misinformed/misinformation posts the last few days. Just been letting whoever wants to say whatever say it, as I think it’s much better letting the - how did you say it? - “….dumb comments like these that show how much you don't know”…speak for themselves.

Btw, wrt to this….

Should I post your PM you sent to me at the other site just 12 days ago asking me to help you to understand your new found revelations? Or did I somehow lose my “smarts” between then and today? Yes I saw it, and no I didn't reply to it, just because of several of the above reasons....and you obviously wouldn't appreciate it anyway, just like all of the other ones I've sent to you. over the years. Oh well...tis what tis.

So really…you OK Butter?

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
At some point folks need to recognize the pattern differences (cause/effect ) vs blend everything into one pattern.. They both work so why debate it !!

cFnROQQ.gif

vah2fp1.gif

@Buttermaker ,

Told ya.... Lol! I have been trying to move beyond this nonsense for a long time, but some of your new buddies just won't let it die. It consumes them. What a shame...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802