Bat Path

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
I have a lot of buddies...new and old. And I'm old so I am my own best old buddy...
But, I consider you a buddy too.

So, by association my buddies are your buddies too!

Lol!! I can just imagine what they would have to say about that. To me this is all discussion. But it seems way more personal to them.

May 3, 2014
If you have seen any of my posts, my focus has always been on getting palm up quickly, deeply. Get on plane deep and stay on plane. Exactly what JD is demonstrating. Yeah I know. Completely different, but still the same ;)
Do the forearms have to rotate to get on plane deep?

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Let me ask you this. And anyone familiar with this "core movement" can chime in. Have you ever lifted weights? And I mean seriously lifted weights. Bench substantially more than your body weight? Squat more than double your body weight?

For me, yes I have seriously lifted weights. Weighed 135 and benched 240. My back and triceps where exceptionally strong. For my back I rowed the entire stack 300 or more and for my triceps I did the entire stack with added weight hanging on the pin, 45 plate hanging on the pin. I worked out for around 4 years without a break. If I took a few days off I didn’t feel right.

Exercise while hard becomes easy once you push yourself through the hard part. I will push through the hard part again.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
For me, yes I have seriously lifted weights. Weighed 135 and benched 240. My back and triceps where exceptionally strong. For my back I rowed the entire stack 300 or more and for my triceps I did the entire stack with added weight hanging on the pin, 45 plate hanging on the pin. I worked out for around 4 years without a break. If I took a few days off I didn’t feel right.

Exercise while hard becomes easy once you push yourself through the hard part. I will push through the hard part again.

When I was in college I weighed 195. I would bench 315 (worked out at 225) and squat 495 (worked out at 405). As you were working daily, did you ever focus on breathing pattern and/or core contractions? The reason I brought this up is I am curious if the contraction I used during heavy lifting is at all similar to what the core posse is talking about.

May 3, 2014
Just as much as the elbow makes them as the rear arm adducts and the front arm sets the swing plane. There is going to be some rotation just because of the other movement, but it isn't something I focus on.

I think one guy here is rotating the forearms and the other is doing everything he can to not.

LnwUoL.gif

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
I think one guy here is rotating the forearms and the other is doing everything he can to not.

LnwUoL.gif

Please explain. I don't focus much on the forearms.

Personally there are several things that stand out to me. But since we are focused on the arms right now, I will just point out the differences in the front arm. Pujols is setting the swing plane with the movement of his front shoulder and upper arm. Stanton's leveling mechanism is not nearly as clean.

May 3, 2014
Stanton has no choice to rotate his forearms to get the barrel around. Pujols is just being very direct. Is the difference in their front arms just a result of their intentions?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robertsonwhitney45